Everybody Says that I'm a Mess

Please enjoy this McFly/F*R*I*E*N*D*S edit I made with my own two hands ^
*******************************************************************************************

March 3, 2006

The boys had been working a lot on their third album over the last month or so now that they had settled into their new homes, and I spent my time out of the studio working on my online classes.

I had always thought my favorite class would be English, since I always liked reading, but I had found a love for Biology, and even spent many days in the studio reading up on the subject just for fun.

"Lilly? Lilly!" Danny's voice rang in my ears. I looked up from my book to see Danny staring at me, and the other boys with looks on their face that read, 'You're in trouble'.

"What?...sorry." I say, closing my book slowly.

"I asked if that sounded better." Danny said, not really in a mad way, but in a 'I told you so' way.

"Oh...uh...yeah it did." I smile.

"Lies! We know you weren't listening." He says. I sigh, placing the book on the table next to me and facing my laptop, sending more interview confirmations.

"I'm sorry. Just reading." I say.

"You always are." Tom smiles.

"Did you know there are 206 bones in the human body?" I ask, excited.

"Yes." Harry replies.

"Well did you know that there are 372 pressure points in the human body?" I ask.

"But only 32 are major pressure points? Yup. Knew that too." Harry smiles. I smile, but glare at him.

"Well did you know there's approximately 5 liters of blood-"

"That's enough about Biology." Dougie said, holding his head.

Today was a day of interviews and promotions for the next album, meaning I got to leave early to go home.

Speaking of going home, now that Dougie and I had been living in the same house for almost a month, it felt more like our home rather than Dougie's house that I lived in.

I sat on the floor in the living room with my laptop open and papers displayed on the coffee table taking notes when I heard the door open.

"Lil? I'm home." I hear Dougie say from the other room.

Luckily Dougie and I haven't had any other run ins like moving day yet, which is lucky considering two of his band mates are our next door neighbors.

"What are you doing?" Dougie asks from behind me, looking over my shoulder at my notes and diagrams.

"Taking notes on the procedure of conducting a tracheotomy." I say. Dougie chuckles.

"Dude. It's A-levels Biology not pre-med." He says.

"Well Dude. I like it." I say.

"It's cool my girlfriend is so smart." Dougie said, squatting down next to me, kissing my cheek and running his hand over the ends of my hair. "But gross." I hear him gag a little, standing up. "Did you eat?"

"Nah." I say.

"It's 9:00 at night, Love." He says.

"Lost track of time." I shrug. "Sorry."

"No worries. I'll figure something out. Can't promise it won't be a take away though." He says.

"Thank you, Darling." I say, goofily, before hearing the faint click of a lighter. I look over to see Dougie just about to light a cigarette. "Hey...we had an agreement." I say, pointing a finger at him. He sighs, taking it out of his mouth.

"But it's March, Lil. It's cold." Dougie whines in a silly way, like he doesn't really mind going outside, but it's worth a try.

"You know what else will be cold?" I ask. Dougie raises his eyebrows. " the atmosphere of our home if the couch cushions smell like cigarette smoke."

"Fair point." Dougie shrugs, making his way to the back door. " I'll have dinner figured out by the time I get back!" He calls.

Just as I hear the back door close, my cell phone rings.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Lilly?" I hear Tom's voice through the speaker.

"Hey Tom what's up?" I ask.

"Gi has the 39th edition of Gray's Anatomy. It was released last January and none of us have ever read it, so I wanted to let you read it." He says.

"Ooh! That be amazing! I can't wait! Thank you!" I say, feeling my cheeks ache.

"I thought you'd say that. So I wanted to bring it to you now." Tom says. I freeze.

"Oh no Tom that's alright. Really. I'll just...get it at rehearsal tomorrow." I laugh nervously.

"But, get this, thing is, I already tried to bring it to you. Your doorman? He said you weren't there." He says.

"I wasn't. I just got in. Like...a minute ago." I say.

"Lilly...he said you didn't live there anymore. Like...at all."

"Alright Tom. I have to be honest with you." I sigh. "My door man has always given me a really hard time. He lies like that all the time."

"Why? I mean...why would he do that?"

"I don't know." I reply. "But I don't fight him because I'm pretty young to be living on my own and I don't want my flat to get taken away. Just try not to talk to him again."

"Okay. Sorry." Tom says.

"No it's alright."

"Hey by the way, Danny is having a birthday party at his new flat on his birthday and you're invited, of course." He says.

"Sounds great. I'll tell him tomorrow." I say.

"Night Lil. And if you need any help handling your doorman, call me or the boys. Surely we can do something." He says.

"Thanks Tom bye!" I say, hastily hanging up as the guilt was consuming me.

//

Fun fact: the 39th edition of Gray's Anatomy was published January 5, 2005. It was the most recent edition at this time.