Gone Out the Door

November 29, 2004

So, I headed down to the nearest pet shop and picked up a hairy, gross, creepy tarantula. How does Dougie like this thing?

I got a small cage for it for now, put it in my empty bathtub and locked my bathroom door. It's not that I have arachnophobia, but this thing is more than just a spider.

I began to make a chocolate cake. I'd figure all the boys would eat it, so I could make a whole cake. after I baked it, and frosted it I used red frosting to spell out "Happy Birthday Dougie".

After, I put the cake in my fridge and got ready for bed. I decided to check on the tarantula in the bathtub one last time. I put my hand over the top of door frame as the key fell over. I picked it up and unlocked the door. I saw the tarantula cage...open...in the tub. I quickly shut the door.

I put on my slippers and quickly ran down to the pay phone in the lobby.

I dialed Tom quickly with shaky hands.

"Hello?" I heard on the other line. It wasn't Tom.

"Danny?" I asked.

"Lilly?"

"Yes." I said. "Where is Tom?"

"He's at his girlfriend Giovanna's house. Why?" Danny said. What? Tom has a girlfriend? Not the point.

"Danny, I need to talk to Tom."

"Well he's not around." Danny said. "What's wrong?" I sighed.

"Are you alone?" I ask.

"Yes." He replies.

"Are you really alone?" I ask.

"Lilly, I'm in my room with the door closed. You're scaring me. What's going on?"

"Tom told me to get Dougie a tarantula for his birthday, since his just died and he has all the stuff." I say. "But the tarantula got out into my flat and I don't know what to do."

"Hold on." Danny said, and hung up.

"Danny?" I asked, and heard the dead line. I sighed and hung up and went up to my flat.

*******************************************************************

I woke up to a pounding on my door. How long have I been asleep? I look at the clock. Midnight. I get up and answer the door, and there was Danny.

"Danny!" I yelled, shutting the door and walking into the hall. "What...what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to help you catch the tarantula!" He smiles.

Bloody Hell.

"No, no that's okay, thank you Danny." I say, laughing nervously.

"C'mon Lilly. I won't be mean." He smiles. Oh God. There's no way I can just throw Danny out. Especially when he's come to help me.

I take a breath and let him in. He looks around the empty flat.

"Where's your family?" He asks.

"Uh...night shift." I say. Danny nods.

The good thing about having Danny here is that he won't question what I say. If Tom or Harry were here, they would know that both my parents weren't at a night shift. They might not know, however, that they're both dead.

"Well, where's the bath?" Danny asks. I point through the hall and Danny heads down. "Well I'll search in here, and you can search somewhere else." I nodded and headed to the living room. "How did it get out?" Danny yelled from the bathroom

"I don't know. It was in the container and now it's gone!" I say, turning over my couch cushions.

//