I Give Up This Heart of Mine

QOTC: Choose a song: Lies or I Need A Woman?

AOTC: Lies is a classic, but I Need A Woman.

***************************************************************************

January 17, 2005

Today, was the third (and last) show of the week on the ROTTF tour. After this, there's only two weeks left, and then they boys go to Africa.

We were all sitting in the dressing room before the show. Tom was reading a book, Danny was playing guitar, Dougie was upside down on the couch playing with a Rubik's cube and Harry was on his phone.

"So are we going to match for the BRIT awards?" Tom asks from behind his book. I look up.

"What?" I ask him.

"Oh, sorry Lilly. I was talking to the boys." He smiles.

"I know." I say. "What are you talking about the BRIT awards for?"

"Cause they're in two weeks." He says.

"A few days before we go to Uganda." Harry says flatly.

"The last week of tour." Danny adds. I blink at them for a while.

"Does no one care to tell me anything?" I ask.

"We just assumed you knew you were going." Harry says.

"Going? I didn't even know when they were!" I say.

"Now you do." Tom adds. I sigh and get up.

"Great. Now I have to go get my laptop from the bus. I'll be gone five minutes." I say and turn towards the door, but turn back to the boys quickly. "And while I'm gone, don't break your nose, get lost, damage the room, or do anything else Fletch would get mad at and I would consider stupid." I say.

I know I was harsh on them but I'm stressed and angry. Fletch doesn't tell me anything. I guess the BRIT Awards is less intense than a week in Africa, though.

As I made my way into the tour bus, I trudged up the stairs and grabbed my laptop that was laying on the couch. I was about to leave, but I saw a bag of unopened crisps and grabbed them. It wouldn't be long until one of the boys starts to complain that they're "starving".

As I made my way back inside, I didn't even notice that girls had started lining up hours early. My mind was still stuck on Africa and the BRIT Awards. That is, until I bumped into someone and landed on my butt.

"I'm so sorry." I hear from the person. I look up to see a highly attractive young guy, with dark brown hair and tan skin. He gives me a hand and I stand up.

"Wow." I say, looking into his piercing greyish eyes. He looks at me weird. "I- I mean, that's okay, I wasn't paying attention." I look at the badge on his shirt. "Do you work here?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'm working on getting my A-levels at Uni, but in the meantime, I'm a security guard." He says. I can see why. He's buff, and must be at least six three. "Are you here for the show?" He asks.

"No, no." I laugh at the thought. Actually buying a ticket for a McFly show and sitting in the audience? Ew... I much prefer backstage.

"Well I'm Liam." He says, sticking his hand out to me.

"Lilly." I smile, and take his hand and shake it.

"So how old are you Lilly?" Liam asks.

"Nineteen." I lie. "Why?"

"I just like to make sure that when I give girls my number they aren't too young." He smiles. "I'm nineteen too."

"You want to give me your number?" I ask, smiling and feeling my cheeks get hot and my heart beat quicken. But that's ruined When I hear someone call my name.

"Lilly!"

Danny.

Shit.

I turn to see Harry and Danny on either side of me. Danny takes the crisps out of my hand.

"Great! We're starving!" Harry says. Suddenly, all the girls in line start screaming, so I grab Danny and Harry and lead them and Liam around a corner.

"Wait, aren't these guys playing tonight?" Liam asks, once we are out of view from the screaming girls. I sigh.

"Liam, this is Harry and Danny from McFly." I say.

"Lilly...do you know them?" Liam says, looking defensive. Harry scoffs, and drags me over towards him and Danny, rather than standing next to Liam.

"Of course she knows us. Does she know you, mate?" Harry asks, angry. Even Harry, who's the tallest member of McFly has to look up at Liam.

"Yeah!" Danny backs him up with a mouth full of crisps. I roll my eyes.

"Are they like...you're cousins or something?" Liam asks.

"No!" Danny says. "We're her boys. All of us. Dougie and Tom too."

"Oh.." Liam says, his eyes going wide. And I realize that what Danny just said, isn't what it sounded like.

"No! No! Not like that!" I blurt out and sigh. "I'm their manager." I say.

"And best friend!" Danny adds.

"Thank you, Danny." I say, trying to stay calm. Liam smiles, and takes out a pen, grabbing my hand, and scribbling his number.

"Call me, Lilly." He smiles a charming smile before walking back over to the screaming girls. I quickly turn and walk towards the dressing room, Harry and Danny trying to keep up.

"Oh, you fancy him, Lilly?" Danny asks.

"No, Danny." I lie.

"Of course she doesn't. " Harry adds. "She's mine."

"Shut up and get onstage, Judd." I say, before walking away from them. 

//