In Wonderland

December 13, 2004

When Dougie and I get back to the dressing room, Danny looks better.

"How you doing Danny?" I ask. He nods.

"Better. I'll be able to perform."

"Good." I say.

"Well we still have to get our makeup done, and I can't seem to find Mel anywhere." Harry says.

"That's fine." I say. "What does Mel do for makeup?" I ask.

"Powder." Tom says.

"No problem!" I say." I'll be right back." I run out through the crowds of girls in the auditorium lobby and out to the tour bus.

**************************************

"Alright boys, sit." I say, when I get back in the dressing room. All the boys sit in a line in front of the mirror and I look at them for a minute. I pull out my powder from my makeup case and start to put it on them.

"What if this doesn't match us?" Tom asks, as I quickly dust the powder on his face.

"It's translucent." I say.

"It's trans-what?" Danny asks.

"Nothing, Danny." I say, moving on the Harry.

"You're meant to pat it on me, not rub it in." Harry smiles, evilly.

"Right." I smile, keeping myself from biting his scrawny face off. Then I move to Danny.

"Ha...this tickles." He laughs. I quickly go to Dougie, who doesn't say a word.

"Okay. Now you can get dressed." I say. The boys grab their clothes.

"You have to go." Harry says.

"Oh yeah, like a girl's never seen you change." I say.

"Oh, many girls have definitely has seen me change." He raises his eyebrows. "I just don't want you to see me change."

"Well I'm not having the chance of losing one of you, or one of you getting hurt or doing something stupid again, especially since you only have twenty minutes till you have to be onstage." I say.

"Maybe you could cover your eyes?" Danny suggests. I sigh covering my eyes one at a time.

"Okay, we're good." Tom says.

"We should probably head backstage." I say, leading the boys out of the dressing room.

*********************************

It's only a couple more minutes until the boys have to be onstage, and I'm standing back with them holding ice on Danny's now bruised nose.

Nevertheless, there are thousands of fans screaming for the boys behind the curtains.

"Good luck boys, you'll do amazing!" I say. Tom looks away from the curtain at me.

"I...I don't know." He says.

"What?" I ask. "How can you not know? All you guys do is practice!"

"I know but...everything seems to have gone wrong today." Tom says. "What if the whole show is screwed up too?" He asks.

"Tom, I promise you it won't." I say. He nods slightly.

"Well you also promised us everything would be great earlier, and look at us. We're a mess!" Harry says. "Fletch would have never let this happen."

"Well I'm not Fletch!" I yell at them. "I've not been coaching celebrities for years, I've not had to handle such an irresponsible load of blokes before- Hell, I've ever even been to a concert! So you don't have to tell me Harry. I know I'm not like Fletch." I hand Danny the ice pack. "Good luck with your show. Go McFly." I say, leaving the boys backstage and heading to the tour bus.

*****************************

I'm pretty sure the boys will be taking showers in the venue (not that I really want to think of them at all right now), so I decide to take a shower on the bus just after the concert should have finished.

I take a long shower, letting the hot water drain my anger.

When I finish, I dry my hair and put on my pajamas, and head to go to sleep. If I'm lucky, I won't have to talk to the boys till morning.

But of course, when I finished and opened the door, the boys were standing in front of me in their pajamas.

I look at the clock, realizing that I had been in the bathroom for a whole hour. When I look back at the boys, I notice they are all holding things.

Tom is holding flowers, Danny is holding chocolates, Harry is holding a frozen pizza and Dougie is holding a plush swan.

"These...they're all for you." Danny says, handing me the chocolates. I look at them, then back at the boys, confused.

"We picked them out." Tom said, handing me the flowers.

"We're really sorry Lilly. For being difficult, irresponsible, blokes. And for me, sassing you. You're right...you did great, for someone who's never really handled us at a show before." Harry says, handing me the pizza. An odd gift, but they love their pizza. The boys look at Dougie and Dougie looks at me and nods, putting the plush swan on top of the pile in my arms.

"Not to sound ungrateful...but why a swan? Why not like... a teddy?" I ask.

"It's the only stuff we could find at the convenience store down the road." Tom says.

I put the things on the table, and hug all the boys individually, starting with Harry.

Then, we dine on frozen pizza. 

//