Going Through the Motions

Hey guys! A little message before I start off the chapter.

I know this book is really long, and we're only into 2005. I'm sorry if there is not enough action for you, but I am trying really hard to make this book extremely accurate to the events that actually occurred at these times. 

I've put a lot of thought into this story. I could honestly have written a chapter for everyday in 2004 and 2005, but this story is already going to be extremely long, so I figure I need to move it along.

Thank you all for sticking through, reading, commenting and voting. It honestly gives me so much motivation to write more.

Some super intense drama is coming up extremely soon, so stay tuned, you're not going to miss it!

Thanks again, lots of love, Galaxy Defenders.

*****************************************************************

September 3, 2005

Wonderland was released a couple of days ago and is doing very well so far. Now that the album is out, the boys are really focusing on planning tour.

Either Fletch or I (or both of us) having been making our way around to the band house or we've been meeting the boys at the studio to really get all the finishing details out of the way.

Liam and I hadn't been hanging out a lot lately. I would offer for him to stay round mine, and even offer to cook him dinner, but he would always say he was busy with work. Plus, I've not seen his new flat yet, and he bought it a month ago, so I wouldn't say our relationship was going amazing.

I made my way to the band house today and let myself in. It was starting to get cold in London again, so I hung my jacket over a chair when I got in and made my way to the living room.

Harry was sitting out with his practice pad and didn't even realize when I walked in.

"Haz?" I said after a while.

"Oh, sorry Lil. I didn't see you there." He said.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"All in their rooms working on tour stuff." He said.

"I'll check back with you later." I smile.

"Cool." He replies, and goes back to drumming.

I made my way up the stairs into Danny's room first where he was sitting at his desk playing around with his DJ equipment.

"Hey Danny." I said, making my way farther into his room.

"Hey Lilly." He said without turning around.

"You...working on tour stuff?"

"Yeah. Just working out the set list and playing around with songs to get a feel for how they'll sound onstage with the full orchestra."

"Cool. I must say, I'm really excited for the orchestra." I reply.

"Me too." He says spinning around. "I think it will add such a difference to All About You, She Falls Asleep and The Ballad of Paul K." He smiles.

"Wow. You really got this worked out."

"Well I'm trying." He replies.

"I'm going to go check on Tom and Dougie...and then Harry again. I'll probably be back." I say.

"Take your time." He laughs and I leave to got to Toms room. Tom is in his room with a bunch of guitars laid out in front of him.

"Hey Lilly." He says before I can greet him, not looking up from his guitars.

"What are you doing?" I ask, walking over and standing next to him. His balcony door is open making his room slightly cold. It reminds me of when I found him, Harry and Danny smoking. The good old days.

"I'm trying to figure out what electric guitars to take on tour. I'm definitely bringing my Flying V...I'm just not sure what else. I think I'll probably take my Strat too..." He begins.

"Take this one...It looks weird." I say, pointing to a red electric guitar on the floor.

"It's a Gibson SG...yeah...I'll take it." He says, picking it up and moving it aside. "I'll probably just take a simple Les Paul too." He sighs. "Now onto acoustic."

"Have fun with that. I'm going to see Dougie." I say.

"Right on. Have fun!" He exclaims as I make my way to Dougie's room.

I knock on the door before hearing a small 'come in' and making my way in to see Dougie sitting on the ground.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Worrying." He replies.

"About what?" Dougie gets up and shuts the door and turns to me.

"The guys want me to play a song that I wrote and I don't want to." He says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because...I've never sang lead in a song before. And these concerts are going to be huge, Lilly."

"So? You can do it. Singing in front of thousands of people is no different than playing bass in front of them." I say.

"It's totally different." Dougie says, sitting on his bed.

"Why?" I ask, walking over to him.

"Because. Singing is like...the most important part of a song. I could mess up the words, or people could think I sing bad-"

"Yeah. People could think that. But they won't. Just because you sing different from Danny or Tom, doesn't make you a bad singer." I say.

"Yeah I know." He says, looking up at me. "But also, it's not like I'm singing a song Danny or Tom wrote. What if people don't like the way the song I wrote sounds?"

"I doubt it sounds that different." I say. "What is the song called?"

"Silence is a Scary Sound." He says.

"Ooh! Mysterious!" I laugh. "Sing it for me."

"What? No!" He laughs.

"Why? If you can sing it for me, you can sing it for anyone."

"I can't sing it to you Lilly." He says.

"Why?" I ask.

"I just can't." He sighs, looking at the ground.

"Okay." I say, and I leave his room.

//

Secretly, an important chapter. Well, it's not a secret anymore, but it's still an important chapter.