Something's Gotta Give

January 29, 2005

Fletch told me to go over to the band house today to make sure that the boys were packing for Africa, and not lollygagging. However, I was preoccupied myself.

I had called Liam on a phone booth a day before the BRIT Awards. We talked for an hour before an old lady kicked me out. I didn't want Liam to think I was avoiding him. I had to find a way to call him.

Without thinking, I made my way to Harry's room. I know Harry has let me use his phone before, to call Fletch but...he'll let me right? I mean, I know Harry loves to torture me, but he's not heartless.

"Hey Lil. Don't worry, I'm packing. You can tell Fletch I'm not causing any trouble, for once." He laughs.

"Yeah...no I wasn't talking to Fletch." I say, closing the door behind me. "But could I...maybe use your phone?" Harry stops packing and looks at me. An evil grin spreads across his face.

"Why?" He asks.

"To call Fletch." I lie.

"That's a lie Lilly. You just told me you weren't talking to Fletch."

"I wasn't...but I'm going to now. " I say.

"You're a bad liar." Harry laughs, continuing to pack.

"Harry please!" I beg.

"Okay." Harry says. I go to grab his phone, but he grabs it first.

"Hey you-"

"After you tell me who your calling, of course." Harry finishes. I sigh.

"A boy." A say, grabbing for the phone.

"What boy?" Harry asks, pulling the phone away from me again.

"You don't know him." I try to reason.

"Oh I think I do!" Harry laughs. I groan.

"It's the boy we met at the stadium, now can I please use your phone?" I ask.

"Liam?" Harry asks. I'm surprised he remembers his name. "What do you even see in him, Lilly?"

"I don't know, now may I please use your phone?" I ask. Harry sighs, giving me the phone. I go outside on the porch and ring Liam.

"Hello?" I hear from the other end of the line.

"Liam! How are you?"

"Hi Lilly. I'm good and yourself?" He asks I sigh, relieved he isn't asking about the different numbers I'm ringing him from.

"I'm good...great actually." I say. "Liam, I was thinking...next week I don't have work. I thought we should get together."

"That sounds great. We could get some tea or something?" He asks.

"Yeah." I smile. "Tea would be great."

"I know this great place near Trafalgar Square. Does that work?"

"Yeah! I have a flat in the center of London." I say.

"How about I pick you up. Sunday at...3?"

"Perfect!"

"I'll text you the address." He says.

"Okay! Wait no...no, no."

"What?" Liam asks.

"I don't text. Uhhh you could email me. It's uh lillygreene111@yahoo.co.uk." I say. "I answer very fast. Two "L's" in Lilly and an E at the end of Greene."

"Okay. I'll see you then Lilly." He says.

"Bye Liam." I hang up the phone and let out a small squeal before going back inside.

//