Don't Tell Me What's Gonna Happen Next

July 25, 2005

Remember that seven month date Liam and I were supposed to have?

It's not happening.

And I know, I said it was stupid, but we had been planning it for almost a month, and yesterday he canceled. It was pretty upsetting to me, to be brutally honest. The worst part was, he wouldn't give me a good reason as to why he had to cancel.

So I made my way to the band house, because Liam wasn't going to be around all day, for whatever reason.

The boys didn't invite me over, But I figured maybe if I went over we could plan on shooting the program cover for the tour.

When I got to the band house I knocked on the door a couple of times, but no one answered. I sighed and let myself in using the key that was still under the mat.

When I got in, Danny immediately walked to the front door.

"Hey Lilly." He said. I smiled and was about to answer him until I saw someone else.

It was a boy, who I'm guessing was one of the guys friends, which was odd, because I never heard about any of their other friends.

The boy's back was to me and he looked pretty normal, other than the fact that he had purple hair.

"Hi...I'm Lilly." I said in the boys direction. Strangely enough, instead of turning and introducing himself he just stopped were he was on the stairs. Weird. I turned back to Danny to question him about the strange guy, until Harry walked in through the babe wave and all my attention was on him.

Harry, who last time I saw him had a light brown mullet with blonde streaks in it now had a black Mohawk and an eyebrow piercing.

"What have you done to yourself?" I ask, rushing towards him.

"This is the new me. For tour." He smiles.

"I like the old you!" I plead with him. "Didn't that hurt?"

"No." he shrugs. And then, Tom comes down the stairs with his shirt open and a huge star tattoo covered in a film now graced the left side of his chest. His blonde hair was now also black.

"Tom!" I gasped.

"What?" He asked.

"You...you're...what?" I ask.

"Looks like fat boy's been losing some weight for tour." Harry laughed.

"Harry!" I scolded him. "Tom, you're not fat."

It was true Tom had always been pudgy, but not fat...It was more like baby fat. And Harry was one to talk. He's a twig.

"Yeah...anymore." Tom replied. coming down the stairs.

"Why did you dye your hair black?" I ask.

"Because. It shows a more serious side to me. As does this album."

"Well why did you get a star tattoo?" I ask.

"Cause it's cool." He says.

"Yeah at twenty! In ten years when you have a kid, you're not going to think it's so cool anymore." I say. Tom scoffs and then it hits me.

The boy on the stairs with purple hair, is probably someone I know.

"Dougie?" I ask, hoping the purple-haired boy doesn't turn around. But to my dismay he does, and not only is it Dougie with Dark purple hair, but he also has a lip ring. I turn to Danny.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"Nothing!" He says. "I just went with them for moral support."

"Bull shit." I say. I look him up and down. "Why are you wearing jeans around the house in the middle of July?" I ask. He sighs, and pulls up his left pant leg to reveal a massive tattoo that stretched from his mid shin to his ankle. "Oh jeez." I walk into the living room and slump down on the couch.

The boys follow me into the living room and sit down.

"Aren't you supposed to be going out with your boyfriend tonight? Why are you here?" Harry asks.

"No Harry, I'm not going out with my boyfriend tonight." I say.

"No I thought that was a thing too." Dougie says.

"He canceled on me." I say.

"Wasn't this like a big thing though?" Tom asks.

"Yes, Tom. It was. Keyword: was." I say.

"When did he call off the plans?" Danny asks.

"Yesterday." I say.

"What?" Danny asks. "Even I know that's wrong."

"It's fine. I thought we could talk about planning the program cover or something, but it's getting late-"

"No. Let's do it." Dougie says.

"It's fine. I shouldn't invited myself over anyways. I'm here too much." I laugh, getting up.

"No you're not." Harry says, as they follow me out to the door.

"Don't worry guys." I say.

"I know!" Tom states. "I know what will make you feel better about inviting yourself over our house!"

"I don't feel that bad-" I begin.

"We'll invite ourselves to yours!" Tom exclaims.

"What?" I begin.

"I'll drive!" Tom shouts, grabbing his keys and running out the door without even buttoning his shirt up, and all the boys follow him.

I know Liam told me the boys aren't allowed over, but he's not been around lately, and I'm a little mad about him canceling our date yesterday, so I made my way out to Tom's blue Mini Cooper.//