You're Not Misunderstood

February 26, 2005

After the first night of chaos, not much else happened on our trip to New Orleans.

Harry told me that he didn't end up shagging Lindsay Lohan, however he was extremely close, until Danny walked in on him. I had never been more thankful for Danny Jones in my life.

The funny thing was, Harry went up to Lindsay the next Day to say hi and she literally acted as if she'd never seen him in her life. Serves him right.

I told Fletch the boys and I had gone out, which was true, I just excluded the Lindsay Lohan part.

The boys worked on their next album in their free time, taking some songs from the Just My Luck soundtrack in their free time.

We also did some sightseeing in their free time. My favorite was the tour of the cemeteries, but we had to leave the tour early because they started talking about pushing old bodies away with poles in the above ground tombs, and Dougie started dry heaving. The boys then continued to tell me that Dougie is very sensitive to gore, and also dry heaves when he panics. I told them they should have told me that before I booked the cemeteries tour.

We're now back home and I've been contacting Liam through Dougie's phone for a while. We also have been going on dates at least once a week which is very lovely.

However I wanted to find a way to show Dougie how much it meant to me that he was letting me use his cell phone.

I took Tom to help me buy a cell phone. I didn't want to buy a cell phone, but I knew that the reality of the situation was that it would make my life a hell of a lot easier, so I caved and gave all the boys my number, and Fletch before adding Liam to my contacts list.

"But I want to thank him." I said to Tom after we had bought the phone. Tom started the ignition in his mini. "Should I get him a card?"

"No, you shouldn't get him a card. That's weird." Tom says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because it just is, Lilly. Look, your not really looking to thank him, your trying to show him that you are a friend who would do things for him like he did for you." Tom says.

"I'm not good at this friend thing." I say.

"Yes you are Lilly, you're very good at it. Look, just do something to show him he's someone you trust."

"How?" I ask.

"I don't know." Tom says. "I can't do all the work for you, jeez."

"Well...how did you show Dougie he was your friend when you met him?" I ask.

"Uhh I moved in with him." Tom says. "Not that that's going to help you much." But then it hit me.

"Actually, it helped a lot." I say.

***********************************************************************

I made my way to the band house after I had been out for a walk and Dinner with Liam.

When I knocked on the door I was greeted by Dougie.

"Hey Lilly." Dougie said letting me in. "The rest of the boys are In the living room. Who do you need?" He asked, walking towards the living room. I grabbed his hand.

"I need you, Dougie, actually." I said. He looked down at my hand.

"Uh...okay." He said, walking back in front of me. I let go of his hand and searched through my purse. I pulled out a little box that I wrapped earlier.

"This is for you." I smiled. He smiled too and took the box.

"For me? Why?" He asked.

"You were so kind to let me use your phone before I had my own to call Liam. I wanted to show you I appreciate it." I say. Dougie looks down.

"It was nothing." He said.

"Well it was something to me." I smiled and he looked up at me. "Open it." Dougie opens the box and pulls out the key.

"Thanks Lilly...what is it?" He asks. I laugh lightly.

"It's a key to my flat." I smiled. Dougie looked at me and his eyes are wide.

"You're giving me your flat?" He asks.

"No Dougie. I'm giving you a key to my flat. You've showed me what an amazing friend you are that I wanted to be a good friend to you. If you ever need a place to stay, or someone to talk to, you'll have a key." I smile.

"Are you sure you don't want to give this to someone more responsible like Tom?" Dougie asks. I nod.

"I'm sure." I say.

"Thank you, Lilly." Dougie smiles.

"Doug, who's there?" I hear Tom yell from the living room.

"C'mon." Dougie said, leading me through the babe wave to the living room.

"Hey Lilly!" Danny smiles. "What brings you around to casa de McFly?"

"I gave Dougie a key to my flat." I say.

"Ooohhhh!" Tom, Danny and Harry say.

"Lilly, since you've been such a good friend to me, well, all of us, how about you become an official member of Friday night film night?" Dougie asks.

"Hey? Who said that was okay?" Harry asked.

"Shut up Harry." Dougie says with a smile. I've never seen him be so forward. "You can even pick the movie every five weeks."

"What?" Harry yells with a mouth full of popcorn. "I already have to wait a whole month to pick and now you're going to make me wait longer?!" We all stand in silence for a minute.

"Seriously, mate, shut up." Tom breaks the silence

"Well, if it's okay with Harry, I would love to." I smile. "Harry?" Harry sighs.

"Okay." He says. I sit on the couch next to Dougie.

"What are we watching?" I ask.

"Well it was Dougie's night to pick, so we're watching Titanic." Tom says, pushing some remote buttons.

"It's his favorite." Danny says. "The softy."

"Hey I don't see any of you complaining." Dougie says.

"I love it as much as the next guy." Danny says.

"Yeah. Plus you get to see Kate Winslet's boobs." Harry says.

"Okay!" I yell covering my ears. Harry starts laughing. The movie starts and I pull my knees up to my chest. I can't help but feel thankful for this moment. I lean my head on Dougie's shoulder.

"Thank you Doug." I whisper as the Titanic theme begins to play.

//

Alright, it's a little cheesy, but friendship is the most important thing, right?