Sing Me To Sleep

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Request by TheAbandonedQuiche where the reader has a passion for music and sneaked in the middle of the night to play some music in front of the big window of the Sanctum. And Stephen arrives and sees her playing some music.

Hope you enjoy!=)

I do not own the picture

-------------------------------------------

The brush of a breaking silence, the wave of a single note piercing through the veil of unvoiced tales, the fainting of a harmonious music faded in the depth of the night, waking up the eerie sleep of a dear sorcerer supreme.

The notes continued to fly mindlessly in the sanctum, echoing in the corner and adding a stronger sound to this beautiful melody, Stephen couldn't help but be drawn to this musical piece.

Music can free people from internal chains, and it worked for you during the night, where you would control a few instruments with your mind and let the melody drive you until you reached the perfect rhythm, the perfect note. Violon, pan flute and piano flew in the air, in front of the giant window where you practised peacefully, your power surging through your fingers, a veil of glitters enchanting the instruments.

As the music grew stronger, finding its own story to tell, voicing out the tale of a young lady finding her true path despite thousands of obstacles, silence opened its door to let the music bloom.

Lost in concentration, the musical story intensifying at each second, you didn't see Stephen stumbling in the stairs, staring at you with wide eyes and amazed by your talent.

However, the sound of his steps stepped in the melody, destroying the musical balance and you frowned slightly, trying to recompose the melody back to its magical stance. You managed to maintain the harmony of the notes together until the end, the sounds getting higher and higher as the intense music conveyed its message to open ears and then stopped abruptly to an end. You sighed sleepily, a small smile reaching your face as your hobby filled you with joy and calm.

However, a voice snapped you out of this eerie musical world.

« Y/N? »

Startled, you spun around, your powers pushing harshly on the piano bank, giving a high pitched utter screech sound. Immediately, you released your enchantment on the instruments and spun around to face Stephen, blushing slightly.

« S... Stephen, what are y..you doing here ? » you stuttered, unable to look at him in the eyes.

Sneaking out of your room in the middle of the night was a habit of yours, but you had always been successfully not caught but tonight, you wondered what he was going to say about it. Was he going to kick you out of the Sanctum? Say your music was awfully painful to the ears? Or else?

« I didn't know you liked music. If you wish, tomorrow, or should I say in a few hours, we could study the Music Bender Arts. »

You stood mouth agape at the man's words, truly astonished by his support and unsurprised reaction.

« I would love to! »

He nodded, rubbing his beard in thoughts and you took the time to look at him. His eyes locked with yours for a second, the birth of a smile tugging at his lips.

«  Next time, though, use the Mirror Dimension. We don't want an angry Wong in the library. He could throw us some books in the face. »

You shrugged.

« I'm sure if I do a Beyoncé song, it will be alright ? » you muttered under your breath, following Stephen back to his room to sing him a lullaby. And with a flick of your fingers, the instruments went back to their original place, while Stephen yawned groggily, heading towards his master bedroom.

« Sing me to sleep, please. » He had whispered to himself but thanks to your enhanced hearing, you had heard his words and you realised the dark haired man had trouble to sleep at night after all the traumatic sights and experiences he had been through.

« Of course, Stephen. Good night. »

Let's say Stephen slept like a baby that night.

A/N: So what did you think? Sorry it's short.