A Shadow World

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

First, if you have requests, please send me a private message, it's easier for me to keep up who have a request. Thank you

Second, this is a request from 123Starling_Jackson where reader fights with Stephen against Thanos but ends up in a confession. Do not read if you haven't watched Avengers Infinity War. I REPEAT DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED  AVENGERS INFINITY WAR

Hope you enjoy. 

Warning: Death, sadness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You used to want to save the world, but you never thought the cost would be so high. You could say that every choice you make came with a price. A price you wish you could have avoided but perhaps was it fate?

You walked to the garden and knelt in front of a gravestone. You put a bunch of blossomed daisies, enlightening the grey rock with natural features.

You dusted off the ash, revealing the name of a very special person and closed your eyes. You let yourself overwhelmed by the last memory of the man you loved.

*

With a simple sentence, your world fell apart. The deep voice that belonged to Stephen echoed in the desperate lingering silence.

«  It was the only way, Tony »

You gasped loudly as you noticed some of your friends turned into ashes, your head immediately turning to Stephen who looked as pale as ever. You rushed to his side, a bad feeling clawing your beating heart. You crashed at his side, panting.

«  Not you, please » you begged, cupping his cheeks and putting your forehead against his.

Tony closed his eyes, breathing heavily while the remains of his suit healed his stomach wound as much as it could. He understood what Stephen meant and even if he didn't know the sorcerer for long, he felt a wave of sadness overwhelmed him, which only increased when Peter came stumbling on his feet muttering « Mr Stark, I don't feel so well. »

Worried, you looked at Stephen, a clawing fear eating the life out of you.

« Stephen, stay with me » you stated, stroking his hair while his eyes softened.

«  Everything will be alright, you will be alright."

«  Not without you », you cut him off.

He chuckled lightly at your statement.

«  You will be alright », he repeated, «  and you will be happy. I know you will. A wonderful woman like you deserves to be happy. »

He cupped your cheeks and said with all the love he could muster :

«  I love you, Y/N. »

His storming blue eyes locked with yours, the spark of love flickering proudly in his pupils and you melted under his gaze. He leant closer, brushing gently his lips with yours. First, you were startled, your whole body freezing at his gesture until you realised the love of your life was kissing you. Humming, you snaked your arms around his neck, pulling him closer to you while you deepened the kiss. Your hands tangled in his hair, you enjoyed the taste of Stephen's lips on yours.

Time is one of the only elements unpredictable and so short. You needed a lifetime to kiss him and another one to love him but all you had were precious seconds.

Soon the kiss changed into a needy one, conveying all the love it could and how desperate Stephen was. He knew it was the end and he wanted to make it count.

Out of breath, you both stepped back, your forehead resting against his. You could feel the heat of your cheeks slowly decreased while the world was turned upside down with one snap of fingers.

The prime thing you could remember is that in all loss, you find the equivalent of a victory at another level. Yes, you had lost against Thanos, but what better to lose when you had found love?

However, the purple titan took your love away from you, and as the last seconds of your once normal world were wasted, a genuine smile enlightened Stephen's face. His last words echoed in the desolate planet before he disappeared in ashes.

«  I love you »

Three simple words which were supposed to heal your heart actually killed it. Three bullets clawing at your vital matrix, bleeding out of love for your dear sorcerer.

As you crumbled down on the ground, holding the ashes in your trembling palms, a dark blueish hand rested on your shoulder, gently squeezing it. You turned your head, tears streaking down your face and faced the sympathetic gaze of Thanos's' daughter, Nebula. All she said was :

«  I'm sorry. »

But it was enough for your sobbing to shake your whole body. She helped you go back to the Sanctum where she offered you to make a place to mourn your soulmate.

Using the mystical Arts, you created the perfect garden of Eden, with one single gravestone at the centre, surrounded by flowers and brimming with little butterflies.

You had lost a battle, found your love and lost it but what you could remember from this experience is to never give up in love.

Kneeling in front of the grave, which the carved name of your lost love, you gently stroke the letters, the cold surface contrasting with the warmth of your fingertips. This spell was eternal, as long as you lived and you whispered to Stephen :

«  I love you more. »

Yes, he was gone, but you knew he would always watch over you like a guardian angel. You hadn't had the time to say it back so here you were, standing at his grave saying the burning words your heart had been carried from the day you met him :

«  I love you so much more, Stephen. »

Then you turned around, a lonely tear falling on the tombstone while the wounded warrior you have walked away from this perfect haven.

A/N: So any comments? Was it bad or good?