A Glimpse Of Darkened Eyes

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

This is a request from nxrsyxkxrxh where the reader is a surgeon as well and accepts to date Stephen but it ends with Stephen cheated on Y/N.

It has two ends as it was requested. ( One good, one sad)

Hope you enjoy.

Please leave a vote or a comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The human body is made of thousands of connections with which you fell in love. Medicine was your second language, and as you led the surgery, saving the life of a young man, a smile tugged at your lips.

You were a neurosurgeon, along with Doctor Strange and even if his ego was driving you to the edge sometimes, you learnt to realise how gifted he was with his perfect stable hands.

So of course, you knew Christine. She was a good friend, even a best friend. You could talk about medicine for hours and Stephen often liked to take part in the conversation and shared his point of view. You hated it, how he would impose his idea and not let go until eventually, it led to a rebellious argument which Christine put an end quite often. You didn't know why, but you hated him with your guts. He always managed to make you feel uncomfortable, on edge and sick in your belly. Nonetheless, love has many forms and you were quite unaware with that, as he was as well.

One day he approached you, leaning against the wall after you got out of surgery :

« Y/N, how did it go? »

You smiled gently at him.

« Pretty good actually, he's gonna be okay. »

He nodded.

« Good. Good. »

You tilted your head to the side.

« What can I do for you, Stephen ? Need a hand for a surgery or a new DJ in your OR? »

He chuckled at your statement.

« No, nothing like that. I was wondering if you 'd like to go to that new restaurant with me. »

You blinked several times. You knew Stephen was popular with girls in the hospital and you had sworn to yourself you were not going to be one of the broken hearts he had torn apart after a lustful night. You weren't denying he was quite attractive with his sharp cheekbones, his square jaw, his chiselled features and mostly his breathtaking blue eyes which often managed to make girls swooned at him.

So you hesitated a bit, nibbling your lip.

« It's just a dinner. I don't want to rush you into anything. It's just we know each other for a while now. You're a great surgeon and I thought we could get to know more about each other outside the work compartment. Ease the thing between the two of us, which will hopefully not lead to an argument or a fight. »

You realised where he was going and you nodded.

« Fine. Pick me up at seven. Don't be late, Doctor. »

With these last words, or rather orders, you spun around and left, getting ready for another surgery while your mind was on the « Oh my god, he asked me out ! » mode.

*

This dinner was the first of many more, a strong relationship blooming between the two of you. Even Christine noticed the difference with your eyes shining brighter, a smile always plastered on your face and your confidence boosted by Stephen's ego. Your rebellious and short temper was gone and the beautiful woman inside of you had blossomed, beaming with love.