Into Your Skin Part Three

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Here is as wanted by most of you the last part of the " Into Your Skin" series. I hope you'll like it. I may even do a sequel if you really want it.

Please leave a vote or a comment.

(-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

The trick is that in giving up, even if you're the one giving up on yourself, the people you held dear in your heart believe in you.

No matter what.

Doctor Strange was one of these people, following you each time Poison had strike again, leaving a bloody corpse beaten up in the streets while your heart ached at the sight. You didn't like the way you were turning but how were you supposed to fight the nemesis buried in your body without killing yourself in the process?

WE ARE POISON. INVINCIBLE. UNSTOPPABLE.

You sighed while you plopped on your couch, rubbing your forehead until an eerie tingle raised goosebumps on your arms. Immediately, Poison covered your body with a thin silver armour, ready to slash at the invisible enemy.

NO ONE CAN SURPRISE US. SHOW YOURSELF, INTRUDER.

The Cloak Of Levitation emerged from the shadows, gliding slowly towards you, in a shy way which made you arch an eyebrow at the relic. It shouldn't behave like this.

« You should go back to Stephen, you have to protect him. He has too many enemies to count. Go back to your master, Cloak. »

You turned around, heading to the bathroom while you forced Poison to restrain her tendrils. The symbiote wanted to tear apart the relic, destroying the remainder of Stephen in your heart but with all the force you could muster, you refrained the alien from doing so. If the relic had come in peace, you had no reason to be afraid. You just hoped it would leave quickly.

LET US FREE US FROM THIS PARASITE.

« How ironic, » you thought, chuckling to yourself as you looked at your reflection in the mirror.

A ghost has many meanings, if not literally taken. And what you were seeing could be the representation of what a ghost could be. Dishevelled hair surrounded your pale face, rosy lips contrasting with the pallor of your skin while your keen eyes had turned into a misty original colour. You were the shadow of the strong girl you were and this upset you. Something inside you broke, the dam of fear broke, freeing the pure will of a human girl.

Y/ N? I SENSE DISTRESS AND POWER.

« Are you killing me, little by little, Poison ? » you asked out loud, looking at the reflection, the symbiote coming out of your shoulder and grinned at you. The silver colour almost matched your pearly skin, its big eyes looking into your soul while its voice echoed grimly in your ears. You didn't see the Cloak opened the bathroom door, neither the bright light of a portal appearing in your leaving room.

WE ARE POISON. FOREVER. TOGETHER.

« Does this mean if one day, you decide to find another host, I'll be just a corpse? Does this mean I can't live without you or I die ? » you asked, clenching your hands into fists.

Trapped. Caged. Tamed. Betrayed.

That's how you were feeling. You had opened a door and you had lost the key.

YES.

« I'm sorry Stephen. You were right. I should have let you helped me.»

A deep voice echoed from behind you.

« It's not too late. I was right but this doesn't mean it is the end. Let me help you find peace with Poison. »

You slowly turned to him, your tired eyes locking with his.

« But I'm so weak and tired. »

He grabbed your hands, intertwining his fingers with yours while the floating head of Poison hissed at the gesture. Strange ignored it and focussed his attention on you.

« You are stronger than you think. As evil Poison can be, it wouldn't have chosen you if you were not strong enough for a powerful alien to reside in you. »

Poison 's head leaned over, tilting his head while Stephen stayed motionless at the alien's approach. Some tendrils flew out of your body, lingering in the air while your troubled mind slowly reasoned itself. The silver tendril touched Stephen's cheek, grazing its beard while the collar of the cloak stood up.

« Cloak, don't. »

The relic immediately froze at its master's command and you arched an eyebrow at him. Poison could hurt him at any instant and yet, he purposefully let himself be touched by the symbiote.

«Stephen? »

He continued in a slow voice.

« The first thing for you to move on is to accept Poison in your life. Only then, you can achieve what you want to do with your life. »

The wisdom of his words ricochetted in your mind, unlocking the hatred and terror door of your mind, letting go of prejudice and primal instincts. You blinked and released the breath you were unconsciously holding.

WE LIKE YOU DOCTOR STRANGE.

« If this is a new start, poison, I'm going to teach you the meaning of tact »

BUT ISN'T IT WHAT YOU FEEL FOR STEPHEN STRANGE?

You facepalmed, a veil of redness covering your cheeks while you looked everywhere except at the man in front of you. Soft hands cupped your face, making you look directly at Stephen who smiled at you.

« I like you too. »

A/N: Tadaa, any comments?