Surprise, surprise

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Here is a request from WeAreNotDoingGetHelp where the reader found out she is pregnant and decided to tell the news to Stephen to which he proposed to the reader.

Hope you enjoy.

Please leave a vote or a comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You looked at the little device in your hands, laying flatly on your palm with a dreadful surprise.

« Positive, it's positive,» you whispered under your breath, your eyes widening as the realisation hit you right in the face.

Two opposed feelings were coursing through your body: the joy of becoming a mother and the fear of rejection from the father: Stephen Strange.

You blinked the shock away, your hands shakily putting the test on the sink. Your heart was swelling with joy, a new light brightening your future and you hope no shadows would darken this happiness.

One answer could change this loop of joy into an awful nightmare.

You clenched your fists, controlling the crawling fear in your heart while your brain was exploding with glee.

You got out of the bathroom, heading directly to Stephen who was probably training or reading in the library. On the way, you thought about how to announce the news to him. Should you tell him directly, making him guess or organising a surprise?

You had no idea and as you crossed the doorstep of the library, your eyes settling on the figure of your dear boyfriend, your heart melted. Even if his eyebrows were turned into a deep frown and his voice hushed by the collar of the Cloak which was kind of.... Keeping him quiet, you couldn't help but feel love towards him.

« If he truly loves me, then we will be okay, » you whispered pushing a stray of wild hair behind your ear.

« Stephen ? » you asked gently.

He spun around abruptly, hiding something behind his back but you didn't notice right away as your mind was focussed on the little being growing in your belly.

« I... I need to tell you something. » you stuttered, fidgeting your hands with one another.

Stephen gave the box to the cloak and softly took your hands in his, kissing them gently.

« You can tell me anything but I have to tell you something as well. »

You chuckled and pecked hi slips.

« Alright, shall we say it at the same time? »

He nodded.

« I had prepared a speech but it can wait. »

You tilted your head to the side.

« One... two.... Three! »

Both of you said :

« I'm pregnant. » freeing your heart with these words.

And Stephen's deep voice, proposing :

« Y/N, will you marry me? »

A heavy silence welcomed both of you, the news slowly making its way to your brains and you looked at Stephen's cerulean eyes with a smile.

« Yes, I will gladly marry you Stephen, the handsome father of our first child. »

You wrapped your hands around his neck, pushing him closer while he muttered against your lips how happy he was.

« I'm going to be a father? »

You giggled, pecking his nose which earned you a playful glare.

« And a husband. »

He snaked his arms around your waist.

« Good, we shall celebrate in our bedroom. », carrying you bridal style through the corridors with the help of the cloak which kept stroking your belly in wonder.

You stroke its collar, announcing proudly.

« There is a little Stephen or a little Y/N in here. I'm sure they will love you, Lev. », raising your hand to put it on the hem resting on your belly.

You couldn't be happier, and as you looked at your soon-to-be-husband, you saw the same expression of pure happiness plastered on his face. His azure eyes were glowing, his whole elfin face smiling his happiness to the world and as his gaze fell upon you, his blue orbs sparked while his lips into a beautiful smile.

« I'm asking Wong to be the godfather. »

You arched an eyebrow, teasing :

« Oh, I thought Stark could be the godfather. »

His muscles tensed and his grip tightened on you but his pace never kept faltering. His smirk grew and he whispered :

« We will have this discussion later. First, let's train for the honeymoon nights. »

You laughed heartedly.

« I couldn't agree more with this idea, Strange. »

He smiled brightly.

« I'm sure of that, Mrs Strange. »

A/N: So any comment?