Never Give Up In Magic Part Two

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

This is a request from alexhurley21 for the chapter two of  Never Give Up In Magic, so here it is.

Hope you enjoy, guys! ;)

Please leave a vote or a comment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You let the breath leaving out your lungs, noticing your muscles rolled under your skin and a smile appeared on your face, magic filling your veins. As a warm reminder, it gently sparkled out of your fingers and you focused, deeply. Stephen looked at you, a glimmer sparkling in his blue eyes, and a small smile playing on his lips. He liked to watch your belief take life under the form of a blue ivory veil. He approached you and corrected your position:

" Try again, create a portal"

He stepped back, leaving you space to concentrate. You turned your gaze out of Stephen and met the pillar of the outside training field. You closed your eyes, clearing your mind until only your strong belief in magic remained. Once satisfied, you opened your eyes and freed your power. Sparkles rolled down your veins, the memory of the Death Hallows echoing in your mind and let it go. An unstable blazing circle started to appear but instead of being fiery like orange flames it was blue. You titled your head to the side, deeply focused on your task and imagined the place you've ever wanted to see: Hogwarts. The hazy form of a castle emerged from the grayish clouds and flying brooms gliding in the sky. Your lips slightly apart, your eyes widened at the sight and a genuine smile crossed your face. Excitation broke your concentration and the blazing blue circle disappeared. You gasped and groaned, clearly annoying. It had been hours since you were working on this spell: create Portals and yet, you didn't manage to open one long enough. You felt Stephen's presence behind your back and you turned and hugged him tightly. it always warmed you up when you hugged him. Why? You didn't know but he didn't seem to mind. His long arms wrapped under your figure, hugging you back and you smiled.

" You're going to do it, Y/N. I know you will. Just be patient, okay?" He said, stroking your back in a reassuring manner.

" I know. I just don't understand why I can't do it. When I see you opened portals in the blink of an eye while I take hours to do that, it frustrates me." You explained, looking at him.

He smiled warmly at you.

" Believe me, if I know one person who could match me one day, it's you. So don't give up yet Y/N"

You looked at him, smirking.

" I'll never give up, Stephen. I promise."

Instinctively, you took your necklace in your hands, twigging your fingers with the symbol of the Deathly Hallows. He nodded at you.

" Now, let's practice your magic. I want you to create a shield, anything you want to protect you. Then I'm going to attack you, to test your resistance"

You nodded, detaching yourself from Stephen's embrace.

" Okay, let's do it."

You bent down your knees, raising your hands up and let your imagination went wild in the universe of Harry Potter. You remembered of the Patronus spell which protects people from the Dementors. You focussed on it, hard. Seconds passed, maybe minutes when you heard Stephen gasped behind you. You opened your eyes you had automatically closed and connected with a thin ivory haze slowly taking the form of an animal. You watched in awe the mist slowly takes form.

" Not an animal, a dragon" you thought when you noticed, the wings, the tail and the scales on the body of your Patronus. You couldn't believe you had done it! The dragon wasn't big, more like the size of a strong stallion but it was something amazing to see. Especially when the Patronus turned towards you and bowed its head. Stephen stepped closer to you, watching in excitement the work you had done. Since the day, you showed them how much you believed in magic, he had borrowed you the Harry Potter's books to devour them and he recognised immediately what you had done.

 " A Patronus" he muttered, his blue eyes sparkling in amazement. You nodded and watched the creature wandered in the room, observing its surroundings until it suddenly froze. Your eyebrows furrowed and you felt Stephen tensed next to you. The next second, three portals opened at the corners of the rooms, letting enter five minions from Kaecilius. Your gaze fell upon the opponents, your hands turning into fists. You had no idea why they were here when they knew they couldn't beat Stephen but you were going to fight. However, the widening eyes of your foes made you smirk. Well, it wasn't everyday you could see a white dragon standing in a room. Nevertheless, they didn't stay motionless and stepped towards your form. Instinctively, you stepped back, fear filling gradually your veins and the dragon's body started to fade away. This sight triggered something inside you. " No, don't go!" you whispered, belief fighting the panic and the dread in your body. Stephen started to create shields to protect you and activate his fiery whip, attacking Kaecilius' minions one by one. The dragon slowly raised his head up, burying his gaze into yours. A mix of trust, strength and hope lied in its sparkling eyes. You fell into its gaze, mesmerised by the glimmer which were shining and which slowly bloomed in your heart for good. You heard more than you see the blow arrived. A bright halo wrapped your figure at the same moment the dragon reared up and roared at the top of its lung. The blast echoed in the room, freezing everyone, even Stephen who watched in awe the Patronus spread its wings. The dragon scattered in a bleach haze when you kicked your opponent. A wave of lurid energy knocked the five enemies to the ground, leaving an astounding Stephen. The flood of energy decreased and you watched the last remains of your Patronus fade away in the atmosphere, stroking your skin as a last goodbye.  

A/N: So any thoughts? I kind of imagine the idea of the dragon as a patronus and hope the fan of Harry Potter won't be too disappointed ^^