Trouble At Night

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Here is a small one-shot to wish you all a Merry Christmas !=)

Hope you enjoy

I do not own the picture

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nights were supposed to be the place where dreams bloom and where your mind could finally rest after a long day of work. However, lately your mind refused to shut down and you would often leave the warm embrace of Stephen to go to the kitchen, your feet dragging you there mindlessly while you would ponder about what was troubling you.

You looked at the window, ivory snowflakes finding their way on the ground like fallen angels while you sipped a cup of tea.

« Christmas is coming, and so is winter » you muttered, observing the cold wind blew in the frozen trees.

Lost in your thoughts, trails of unspoken conversations playing over and over again in your head, you didn't hear your dear sorcerer comes in the room until a pair of warm hands rested on your waist, turning you gently to Stephen Strange.

" Come back to bed, love. I'm missing your warmth. " muttered Strange in your neck, his face nestling in the crook of your neck, his sleepy voice singing a lullaby to your ears.

A small smile graced your lips, the uncertainty burdening your shoulders lifted for a few seconds by mere words. 

" Stephen, why are you up?"

His hold around you tightened.

" I should be the one asking you that."

You chuckled while he breathed in your scent.

" I asked first, Strange."

He sighed and put his forehead against yours, locking eyes with you. Two enchanting blue pools connected with your sleepy orbs and you were mesmerised by the cerulean colour of the sorcerer. You were enchanted.

" I wanted to cuddle and you were not here. Y/N, is there something wrong?" he inquired, his tone slightly changing to concern at the end. 

You giggled as he pecked your lips, his beard tickling your skin.

" Oh Stephen the Cuddler, shall I comply to your request?"

Stubborn as he was, Stephen stated.

" Once you told me what is bothering you, yes I would like cuddles in our bed."

You sighed, resting your head against his shoulder while his hands traced small patterns on your back, soothing you and helping the knots to relax.

" Please don't laugh, but I was wondering if the myth of Santa Claus was actually true in another dimension?"

Stephen hummed, thinking. You took the opportunity to observe his elfin sleepy features and the way his skin glowed in the dark.

" You could be right. Although, is it really what troubled you in the middle of the night?"

You shrugged, wrapping your arms around his waist.

" Well, Chrismas is coming."

He smirked.

" How about I give a little  Chrismas present, sweetheart?" he said before capturing your lips with his for a sweet kiss.

A/N: Merry Christmas to all of you! I hope you will have a great time.