My Rose Petal

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

This is a request from Luthien_Tinu where Stephen and the reader introduce their baby to the Avengers.

I was wondering about changing the cover of this book, does anyone know how to do a cover or make for me, please?

Also, please check the Glamourous Llama Glama Awards book of _TheReal_2 where she offers the chance to writers to show their work through contests. I did participate and it was a great experience, so don't hesitate to take a look at it.

Hope you enjoy the story

Please leave a vote or a message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is the quintessence of a flower.

It blooms, blossoms and slowly wilts until its petals fall on the wet ground, crying out the loss of a beautiful life. In one snap, a flower can be broken, damaged.

Your love for Stephen Strange had bloomed into a gorgeous baby named « Joy » because her birth brought the joy back on your features despite the Dormammu's events or the incoming threat of Thanos.

Today, Stephen and you had decided to introduce your little girl to the Avengers, the mightiest superheroes of Earth and even if you knew they wouldn't hurt her, you were a bit concerned.

« Don't worry, love, they'll love her » murmured the Sorcerer in your ear, wrapping his gloved hands around your waist, resting at their usual place.

You nodded your head, thoughtfully looking at your daughter asleep in her cradle. You carefully leant forward, Stephen following your move to cuddle you closer, while you took Joy in your arms.

« Let's present our dear little girl to the Avengers » you stated.

Stephen kissed your jaw and stepped away, his warmth leaving you shivering as he opened a portal to the Avengers Compound.

You couldn't deny you were a bit anxious. How were they going to react? Were they going to be repulsed by the baby? Or else?

They could deal with supernatural foes but babies was another level.

Stephen wrapped his arms around your waist, pushing you to cross the portal and you let him. The bright light of the living room blinded you for a second, instinctively tightening your grip on your newborn who was peacefully sleeping in your arms.

The sorcerer proudly introduced, a genuine smile enlightening his lips as he looked at the Avengers sat on the couch.

« This is Joy Strange, our daughter. »

As soon as these words left his kissable lips, a heavy silence lingered. You looked at Tony who was frozen on his spot, eyeing the little thing in your arm to Stephen again and again until he spread his arms open, a giant smile finding its way on his face.

« Congratulations facial hair bro! »

One by one, the male heroes went to Stephen, congratulating him on the birth of the baby, while the girls came to you, impatient to see the new little girl.

« She is beautiful, Y/N, » said Wanda, looking at the baby with happiness glistening in her eyes, absolutely mesmerised by Joy.

Natasha looked briefly at the baby, muttering slowly :

« Fat. »

You rolled your eyes at the assassin's statement, expecting nothing less from her and decided to give a piece of your mind.

« Here, take her. »

The strong behaviour of the redhead changed drastically from confident to uncomfortable. She stuttered :

« No,.... I can't » she deadpanned once you had shoved the sleeping baby in her arms, careful to not awake Joy.

You smirked and gently took a picture of Nat and Wanda completely enthralled by your newborn.

Thor arrived and gave you a bear hug.

« You have given birth to a wonderful little warrior, she shall be as fierce as her mother » complimented the god, letting you go.

« Thank you, Thor. Would you like to be one of her uncles? »

He put his fist against his chest, smiling proudly.

« I would be honoured, my Lady. Joy shall be under my mighty protection. »

Then you turned to Loki, his arms crossed against his chest, his eyes locked on the little baby.

« And you, Loki? Would you be the uncle of my daughter ? » you asked, your hand gently tugging at his wrist.

He grabbed your hand, kissing your knuckles and said with a grin.

« I would be delighted to have such a magnificent Midgardian as my niece. »

You smiled and put him into a hug. He stiffened at your gesture, uncertainty coursing through his body but he soon relaxed and hugged you back.

« Thank you. I can't imagine any god better than you two to watch over my beloved Joy »

Then you heard Tony yelled :

« I will be the best uncle! »

Next, another familiar voice counter-argued.

« Fine, but I'm uncle number One! said Steve.

You blinked.

« Are they arguing about who is the best uncle? this is going to end badly » you thought, making your way to the males Avengers.

« Not another Civil War, please ! » you pleaded, stepping in between the two men.

Stephen watched the scene with a smirk.

« Come on, Y/ N! You know I'm going to be the best Uncle of the World!   Steve, you may be Captain America but it doesn't mean you are perfect. »

Steve crossed his arms against his chest.

« Spoiling Joy is not the only solution to be the best uncle. »

Tony opened his mouth to retort but was cut off by Black Widow.

«Silence! you're going to wake up Joy » Natasha said in a very cold and threatening voice, her timber deep and unequivocal.

Joy stirred in her sleep, her voice breaking the sudden silence. You watched THE Black Widow melts at your child's wake.

You realised the Avengers could be one team again thanks to your daughter as she was the rose in need of protection the avengers desperately needed to be back on track.

Stephen smiled and came next to you, his hand encircled your waist while he put his head on your shoulder, kissing the crook on your neck.

« I couldn't be prouder than now, love. »

You smiled, nodding.

« You're going to be a wonderful father. If not, she'll have the best uncles in the world. »

He chuckled and agreed with you, his eyes sparkling with happiness.

A/N: So how is your heart? Melting? Dying of cuteness?