A Blazing Shield

A/N:  Thanks again for your support.  I've got 700 views! It's amazing! I never thought I could reach such an amount of views. So thank you dear readers, thank you!

Moreover, if you like the avengers, I've made one shots about them. if you have time, please feel free to read them. Thanks.

So this is a new one-shot, I hope you will enjoy. =)

There will be fewer mistakes because I've downloaded the grammar corrector.

Please leave a vote or a comment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You arrived at Kamar-Taj two days after Doctor Stephen Strange. You became friends quite easily even if he was very sarcastic at the beginning of your friendship, always saying this is impossible,... However, slowly, he changed and started to believe in magic. You learned together how to create portal, not as the same excessive way Stephen was taught but the Ancient One forced you to create a portal to escape a blaze in a building. Time was counted and the adrenaline helped you to finally materialize a gate to return to Kamar-Taj. What was ironic was that you both had this test the same day in opposite conditions, you faced fire whereas he faced the iciness of mountains. The next day, Mordo both led you to a room you've never come before. You noticed Stephen wasn't impressed as if he already had come here and you remembered he got his relic: the Cloak of Levitation in one of this place. Three impressive gates encompassed you. The Black Magician revealed what these gates were: the entrances to the Sanctum of London, New York and Hong Kong. You drank his words while Mordo explained the different property of these places and the dangerous threat hovering above them in one name: Dormammu.

When he finished his speech, he led you to the training room and asked to fight together. You've never fought before and you were afraid your feelings kept you to hurt him. Mordo watched the both of you putting in position before he left. You asked:

" Ready?"

He smirked, his red cloak floating behind him.

" Ladies first."

Immediately, you charged him and created a sparkling spear with your magic. You attacked him and it hit his back but the Cloak stopped you. You groaned at it and kicked him on his chest, using your spear as a balance to throw your weight at him. He roughly fell on the ground and you rushed to him, worried.

" You're okay Stephen?" you asked, searching for him for any injuries."

"I'm fine, Y/N. I'm not that old you know?" he smirked when he saw your concerned face.

You put your hands on your hips, shaking your head in disbelief.

" Seriously Stephen, again? It's not because I told you once I thought you were forty that you have to remind me that mistake all the time. How many times should I tell you, that it was a bet with Wong on how old you were?"

He clenched his teeth.

" Why didn't you do it on the Ancient One?"

You looked down your feet, embarrassed.

"Actually, we did too. But don't tell her!"

He laughed and smiled at you, a new spark shining in his hazing blue-grey eyes. He patted your shoulder.

" Fine, I won't tease you about it... for now."

You chuckled at his words and elbowed him.

" Come on, let's keep on the training. I'm going to create a shield and I want you to hit it, okay? I'm going to maintain it as long as I can."

He nodded and created the golden blazing whip. You took a deep breath and focused your energy in your hands to create two big gleaming shields. Any mark of friendship pierced his feature and you realised he was taking you as a real enemy. You pondered for a second and put your feelings on the side. " He is your enemy, not your friend, especially not your crush," you thought to yourself.

Stephen charged at you, throwing his whip at you and you raised your shield up to protect yourself. He used this opportunity to step closer and attacked you again. Slowly, a pace settled between the two of you as a small dance of attacks. One dodged, the other attacked. Again and again as a combination of punches and dodges. You were taken by surprise when his whip wrapped your legs and put you down. You lost your focus and your shields vanished as you yelped. Laying down on the floor, Stephen straddled you, a huge grin on his face and whispered something to his cloak. The scarlet edges of the latter pinned your arms above your head and you couldn't move anymore.

" I won, don't you think Y/N?"

You kept on struggling against the cloak and tried to make Stephen's weight go but he didn't bulge. You sighed in defeat;

" Yes, Stephen. Happy? Now let me go."

He shook his head.

" Make yourself go. You would be dead by now. If someone stuck your arms and legs, what do you do?"

You closed your eyes, focusing on your breathing. You heartbeat slowed down and a new energy invaded your veins. You imagined a shield covering your body, protecting you from any attack or weapon. You tried to make this image alive and you opened your eyes when you heard Stephen gasped at you. You just saw him being violently expulsed through the room and landed on the floor. You got up and ran to him. He was laying on his belly, his cloak covering him as a soft blanket and you heard muffled sounds. Immediately, you kneeled next to him and pushed him towards you, a wave of concerned spreading through your veins. What if you hurt him badly? It was quite a fall after all. He didn't move when you turned him, his eyes were closed and you froze. " Stephen? " You whispered, your heartbeat was erratic in your chest. You shook him but he still didn't move. You clenched his cloak tighter, shaking him harder

 " Stephen! Come on ! Don't do that to me! I love you dammit!" 

Tears were on the verge of falling when he scared the hell out of you on hugging you vigorously against him screaming a sort of " booahh!" You jumped and fell on the floor, taken aback by the weight of Stephen hugging you. He nuzzled his nose in your neck and kissed it gently, stroking your back arms in an attempt to calm you. You heard him said " Me too" before a pair of lips were pressed against yours. You didn't move still, surprised by his action. When you realised he was kissing you, you kissed back, snaking your arms around his shoulder. The adrenaline and the peak of fear were spreading still in your veins and so you nipped his lower lip, taking him by surprise when your tongue invaded his mouth. He moaned and held you closer, the battle of tongue kept on until you both need air. You were panting and he put his forehead against yours. You said, pouting:

" Don't think you 're forgiven for you fake death, Strange."

He laughed heavily and kissed you again making you forget why you were mad at him at the first place.

A/N: So Did you like it? 

Do you have any ideas for the next one?

PS: I'm writing the second chapter of " Crossed Lines"which probably be updated this weekend. 

Bye, dear readers!