70. Gone

ALLY’S P.O.V.

That didn’t happen. That did not just happen. Oh god I feel sick.

I was shaking in anger as I walked down the street. Had Dan actually just said that? Was he lying? I thought of the date, it was May, this was no April fools.

Why would he do that? Was he not happy? Who was it? When was it? Why did I not stay and ask these questions rather than allowing them to circulate my mind now?

I walked down the road, not knowing where my destination was. Where could I go? Who could I go to? Seth? He would be at work by now. He could help me.

I approached the coffee shop and saw Seth’s smiling face as usual whilst he stood outside smoking. “Ally, not that it’s not lovely to see you, but you know you’re an hour early to your shift, it’s only 8am.”

“I.. I know, sorry.”

“Why are you apologising?”

That was a good question, why was I apologising? I was always so apologetic. 'Oh sorry Dan that I'm not home on time,' that was last night's pointless apology. Had he just slept with this person then? He had been acting strange when I had got home last night. Or was it a long time ago and he had decided not to tell me until now? Was it at the beginning of our relationship? Had this entire relationship been a lie?

I must say, his timing was shit. And his sensitivity. ‘I slept with someone else.’ Oh goody, thank you for telling me. What do you want, a fucking medal? ‘I’m sorry.’ Oh, don’t worry darling, I hope you enjoyed yourself!

Seth gave me a quizzical look, hinting at giving him an idea of my thoughts. “Ally, I know something’s wrong. Come on, what’s up? Have you and Dan had another lovers tiff?” He said, opening the door of the coffee shop for me and following me inside.

“Not exactly..”

“Come on, you know how this friendship works.. I tell you all my problems and you tell me all of yours. Now spill it Ally.”

I knew he was only trying to be friendly but I could hardly speak, let alone admit that Dan had cheated on me. I couldn’t even admit that to myself. Oh God, Dan cheated. I needed to say it.

“Dan.. Dan..” I stuttered. Oh for fucks sake Ally, pull yourself together. “Dan cheated on me.”

I watched Seth as his jaw dropped open and he tried to figure out how to respond. “Shit.” He finally muttered.

“I know.”

“I take it you didn’t hang around to find out details then?”

“Nope, I just had to get out of the house. I didn’t know where else to go though.”

“Oh Ally, you know you can always come to me.” He opened his arms and wrapped them around me, engulfing me in a hug. At that moment I expected tears to come, but they weren’t coming. I couldn’t cry. I just felt empty inside.

DAN’S P.O.V.

So Ally’s gone. I don’t know what to do. Do I follow her? Last time she had run away like this it was when she had overheard a conversation between Kaley and myself, after Kaley had kissed me. That time I knew what to do immediately, I ran after her. But that time I had done nothing wrong at all. This time I was utterly in the wrong.

I got out of bed, deciding that I needed some air to think things through. I tugged on my jeans and a jumper and quickly left the flat, out in to the early morning hustle and bustle of the London street.

Walking along the busy roads gave me time to think. What did this mean for mine and Ally’s relationship. Would we be over? Would she be able to forgive me?

What about me and Lou? I knew that I wouldn’t let this happen again, but if this had been a one night stand with a random girl from a club it would be a lot easier. The fact that we shared a child together was difficult. It meant she would always be around and that I would always be reminded of how I had ruined my relationship with Ally because of Lou.

Maybe she hadn’t though. This relationship could be salvaged, couldn’t it?

It took me less than 10 minutes to realise that I had to find Ally, I had to sort this out. Where would she be? She didn’t start work for nearly an hour, would she have gone there early? It was worth a try.

I stood outside the coffee shop and looked in through the large glass windows. There she was, leaning against the counter and gazing into nothingness. I stared at her for a while. Why have I hurt this beautiful, amazing person so much? Then I took a deep breath in, it was time to face up to things.