37. Happy birthday Ally

ALLY’S P.O.V.

I woke up to Kaley coming into my room early with pancakes as a peace offering. “I’m sorry I was a dick last night, I totally understand if you don’t want to spend the day with me today.” She stood at the door frame, tray in hand, and looked genuinely upset.

I sighed. What she said was totally out of order. But she clearly knows it was and is here apologising. I would be stupid to tell her to bugger off or something, I needed her. “Can you please just keep your feelings to yourself next time? Look, I want to have a good day today, so let’s forget about it.” I was proud of myself for being so mature about this.

“Thanks, Al. Now eat your pancakes.” She sat on the bed and gave me the tray. Pancakes in bed, can’t really get much better than this.

We forgot about the previous night and ended up having an awesome day together. We chilled in bed for ages, laughing about all of our previous birthdays. When we were kids we always used to have joint parties and some of them were amazing, some of them not so good. The one with the magician that couldn’t do magic was a personal highlight.

We slowly got ready and Kaley was being very secretive as to where we were going. We ended up in Covent Garden and I freaked out when I saw the signs outside a theatre for Woman in Black, I’ve wanted to see it ever since I saw the film. The theatre show was so good, really clever and so much scarier than the film!

After the theatre we were both a bit freaked out so went to a cute little cocktail bar in Covent Garden and had a few cocktails each. By then it was half 5 so time to go to the restaurant to meet some of the others.

We got there and the guys were already there. It was only Me, Kaley, Dan, Adam, Toby and Rick but it was so nice to have us lot together again. Before Dan had come back, we had spent a lot of time with the boys and I kind of missed them. Although meeting Dan was possibly the best thing to happen to me, so it’s kind of worth it.

After dinner, we walked back to ours to get ready for the night. The boys came back to ours as well and waited in the living room whilst me and Kaley went and freshened up, putting on a bit more make-up, doing our hair and changing into dresses. I had a black bodycon dress on and straightened my hair and put a load of black eye shadow on and I wasn’t sure if I was just slightly drunk from the wine at dinner, but I was pretty sure I looked quite nice.

This was confirmed when I walked out to the living room and caught Dan’s eye. His mouth literally dropped and he stood up as I approached him. “You look beautiful." He stuttured. "I have something that will top the outfit off though.” He grabbed the gift bag he had been carrying around and picked one present out of it.

It was small box that Dan had also tried to wrap up himself. I laughed at his rubbish attempt of wrapping and when I finally got through all the tape I opened the box to see a beautiful necklace. “Oh Dan it’s gorgeous.” I grinned, pecking him on the lips quickly and getting the necklace out of the box for him to put on.

“Just like you.” He blushed, ushering me to sit on the sofa as he handed me the gift bag with a load more presents in. I got excited over each one. How did he know me this well already?!

“Ah am I missing present time?!” Kaley screeched as she came down the hallway, looking stunning as always in a short royal blue dress.

“Nope, just started! Now where are the rest of them? You know you can’t come out if you didn’t bring a present!” I grinned, as Rick handed me a parcel.

Rick got me a t-shirt and Toby got me a canvas with a photo of me, him, Kaley and Adam on from when we were younger. I gave them both massive hugs and then Adam gave me his present. It was a charm for my bracelet, an A with a little purple jewel on it. I immediately gave him a massive hug too and fixed it onto the bracelet on my wrist.