3. Fancy seeing you here

DAN’S P.O.V.

I woke up at about quarter to 1 and sighed as I realised I had to get to band practice by 1. I called Kyle, one of my band mates and told him I would probably be late as forgot to set an alarm and he laughed at me and told me to hurry up as him and the others were already there. Oh and bring coffee he told me. I got out of bed and had a quick shower, shoved on a t-shirt and jeans and styled my hair a bit. I then walked down to the café on the corner and made an order.

Just then I heard a voice I recognised, and turned around to see Ally talking to the manager and looking like she was handing in her CV or something. She turned around and I caught her eye, giving her a wave. Jesus Dan did you actually just wave, what an absolute knob. She laughed at me, clearly noticing the ridiculous wave and smiled at the manager politely shaking her hand and came over to me. “Ah fancy seeing you here! Corr 4 coffee’s, you must be feeling knackered! Busy weekend?” she chuckled at her own joke. She was so cute the way she did that, and then looked down straight away.

“Ah just been hanging about with a bunch of weirdo’s really” she looked up and grinned at me. “Oh and the coffee’s, they’re for me and my band mates. I’m late for practice so have to bring coffee and snacks.” I said grabbing some muffins and bags of crisps as well and paying for them.

“Thought you were in a band or something, I saw the keyboard in your room yesterday”

“So you were sneaking around my room?” I joked and she looked up at me, bright red.

“Uh, no. Um I just saw it. And. Uhh”

“Chill I’m totally joking! Yeah I’ve been in the band for a couple of years now, we’re really no good but just got back from touring America, which is why they threw the party for me” I smiled thinking of how cool my mates are for doing that for me.

“Touring America? You must be pretty good then. What’s the name of the band? Would I have heard of it?” she looked at me and looked genuinely interested and I grinned. I loved talking about the band but knew I could be here for hours if she would let me.

“Nah probably not, it’s called Bastille.” Her mouth dropped open and she stuttered. “Haha I take it you’ve never heard of us?”

“What? Sorry did you just say Bastille?” I nodded at her taking a sip from one of the coffees then realised I was really late for band practice.

“Shit I’m so sorry I’ve really got to go to the others.”

“Wait, you can’t just drop a bombshell like the fact you’re in an awesome band and then say you have to leave! I need details Dan!” I laughed at her.

“So you’re a fan?” she looked at me nodding intensely. “Haha well maybe we can talk about it another time? I’m sorry but they will actually kill me if I don’t get to them quickly! You can come watch us if you fancy it? You don’t have to I’m sure you have better things to do” I said waving my hands. Why invite her Dan? She will definitely have better things to do then to watch your band practice.

“Yeah course, sorry I didn’t mean to keep you! Look you go, I should get back to finding a job anyway, I’m getting mega skint now!” she said holding the CV’s up at me. “But I’m definitely going to take you up on the offer another time. Oh and I’m sure me and Kaley will be round in the next couple of days anyway so I’ll see you soon.”

“Okay cool, yeah will see you this week then” I smiled at her and went in for a hug. Oh god why did I do that she clearly wasn’t expecting that. Why are you always so awkward Dan? She hugged me back and I smiled and left the café taking my coffee’s and snacks with me, grinning the whole way to the studio.

ALLY’S P.O.V.

Oh god I so was not expecting that hug. I think he just made my heart stop again! Weird I know, but he smelt so good. That’s so stalkerish urgh. And oh my god he’s in flipping Bastille! I tried to play it cool but I definitely didn’t. I can’t believe I didn’t know he was in Bastille or recognise him, I even saw them perform at Glastonbury Festival last year, and they were so good live. And he offered for me to go to band practice with him and I turned him down. Seriously Ally what are you thinking?

I spent the rest of the day going into cafes, restaurants and shops handing out CV’s with no luck at all, everywhere seemed to not have any jobs going or wanted previous experience in a restaurant. Seriously how hard can it be to serve a few coffees?! Looks like I’m unemployed for a bit longer. I got home at about 3 and decided to go for a nap, still knackered from Saturday night. When I woke up it was half 5 so Kaley should be due back soon. I shuffled to the kitchen putting on the kettle and making myself a cuppa, heading to the living room and putting on the first thing I could find, Friends. Me and Kaley loved this programme. I’m sure I’ve seen every episode ten times over but still laugh at them all. I watched the episode and drank my tea, going back into the kitchen and starting to make dinner for the two of us. Kaley got in just after quarter past 6 and jumped straight on the sofa.

“Oh my god I love my job but I’m already sick of putting up with arseholes every day! They bore me so much! Mmm have you cooked spaghetti bolognaise, you are such a star, thank you” she said and made her way into the kitchen giving me a massive hug and getting some drinks for us and putting them on the table. “Good day? Any luck with the job hunting?” She asked as I placed her plate in front of her.

“Nope! Still unemployed! Boring day really, just did CV handing out and chilled here. I bumped into Dan at the coffee shop though.”

Kaley nearly spat her pasta out. “Oh my god really? Did he say anything about me? What happened?”

“Woah woman, chill! It was just for about two minutes really, just talked about his band. Did you know he’s in a band? You know Bastille? He’s in Bastille!”

“No waaaaay! They were awesome at Glasto last year! Shit I bet he has loads of cool fit friends! Why the heck would my brother not mention that? Bet he didn’t want you to be impressed by Dan.”

“I know that’s what I thought! Can’t believe we didn’t know! And what do you mean about your brother?”

Kaley looked at me with a ‘seriously what’ kind of look if you get me? “You know he has a massive thing for you, he just never made the move cause you’re my best mate and that would be totally weird.” I just looked at her blankly. Why did she never tell me this?