65. Picnic time

ALLY’S P.O.V.

I woke up to the bright sunshine beaming through the curtains straight onto my face. On a usual day I would be happy to see the sun shining and want to make the most out of the day, however with the slight hangover that I had woken up with all I wanted to do was roll over and fall back asleep until the hangover was cured. I stretched across the bed to cuddle into Dan, my eyes still closed, but was confused when I couldn’t feel him near. I reluctantly opened my eyes and peered over the duvet to see Dan sat at his desk in his boxers, cross legged on the chair, his hair messy and glasses on, crazily scribbling down onto a notepad. I smiled widely, imagining the new song that he was obviously writing the lyrics down to, and not wanting to disturb him I lay back down in the bed.

Seconds later I felt Dan join me under the duvet. “You’re finally up!” He cheerfully whispered in my ear. Clearly Dan wasn’t suffering like I was from the amount of wine we consumed last night.

“Ergh.” I groaned in response.

“Nawww babyyyy.” Dan said. We lay there in silence for a while, me on my back and Dan leaning on me, his face nuzzled into my neck and me running my hands through his knotted hair. “It’s getting long isn’t it?” Dan said out of nowhere, referring to his hair.

“Don’t cut it!” I almost shouted at him. I loved it when his hair and beard grew out a bit; it just made him look even more attractive. Pictures that I had seen of a slightly younger Dan were hilarious though, his hair was fluffy and much longer than it was now.

Dan leant up and chuckled softly at my eagerness for him not to cut his hair, shaking his head at me, making my cheeks fire up. He resumed his position with his head tucked into my neck and I went back to playing with his hair. This right here.. This moment.. Absolute bliss.

……..

“KYLEEEEE!” I ran and excitedly jumped into Kyle’s arms as he entered the room.

“AHHHH ALLYYYY!” He returned the enthusiasm, lifting me up during the hug and spinning me round.

“Erm, guys shall I just leave you two alone?” Dan stood at the doorway, his arms crossed and eyebrows raised at our embrace.

“Sorry Smith, I just missed this crazy man!” I untangled myself from Kyle’s grip and walked over to Dan and placed a quick kiss on his lips. During the whole drugs saga Kyle and I had got really close, both sharing the same views on Dan’s health. I had taken comfort in spending time with him and I hadn’t seen him since being back in London so was thrilled to see him today.

Dan and I had fallen asleep in each other’s arms earlier and so I had slept off my hangover and was ready for a fun packed day with the Bastille boys. We were going to get a load of food and alcohol and have a massive picnic in the park to make the most out of today’s sunshine.

I grasped Dan’s hand tightly as the 3 of us left to meet Will and Woody at the nearby Tesco. As we approached them, we all greeted each other with friendly hugs and headed inside to buy the feast. After spending too much money on sausage rolls and cider we all strolled towards the park, finding a quieter spot to sit in and setting out our food.

We all stuffed ourselves full of food and were all lying down in food coma’s, soaking up the sun. I had my head resting on Dan’s chest and was listening intently to his steady breathing when I noticed someone walking slowly along the path nearby. Dan must have noticed too because I felt him sit up slightly. I turned to meet his gaze and he nodded his head towards her. She had noticed us here too now and no one knew what to do. Before I knew it, she had changed direction and was approaching us.

“Hey Al.. Boys. How are you all?”

“Kaley?” Kyle sat up and moved his sunglasses down his nose as if that was going to improve his eyesight and change who was stood in front of us all.