44. Going crazy

ALLY’S P.O.V.

“Go on..” I said, intrigued as to what Kaley was about to disclose.

Then she just burst into floods of tears. I could barely make out anything she was saying other than ‘sorry’ that she kept on saying. She was obviously just drunk and sorry for having a drunken breakdown.

I held her close for a while until she calmed down a bit and I peered down at her resting on my chest and snoring gently. I moved myself and lay her down in her bed and left her to sleep it off.

DAN’S P.O.V.

“Hey beautiful.” I answered Ally’s call as I walked home from the studio.

“God Smith, stop you’re making me blush.” She laughed.

“How was Kaley’s birthday? I thought you would be out by now.”

“Yeaaah. So she just disappeared this morning and came back about an hour ago, absolutely smashed. She was muttering something about being jealous of me, and then that someone was telling her not to do something and then she just started crying and apologising for some reason! Mental!”

I stopped walking. Will was right. Kaley was about to tell Ally about us. I decided to play it cool. “Oh, that’s weird.” Was all I could sputter out.

“I know, I don’t know what’s up with her. Did you notice her acting weird yesterday too?”

I thought for a minute. “No, not at all. I think you’re just imagining it, darling.” I decided to make her think it was all in her head. I didn’t want her prying into this anymore and Kaley telling her why she had been off and upset. Although, I’m just assuming this was something to do with me. It might be something completely different and I’m just panicking for no reason, but I couldn’t be too sure.

“Do you think? It’s just I’m a bit worried about her. She’s not normally one for going off and getting drunk on her own. Especially not on her birthday for god’s sake.”

“I know you’re worried about her but just try to not think about it.”

“Hmmm. Okay, I guess you’re right. Anyway, what are you dooing tomorrow?” I was so glad she was dropping it. I didn’t want to lie to her at all.

“Seeing you?”

I heard her cackling loudly. “Smith, you’re getting too sure of yourself, you know that? What are you doing now?”

I thought for a second and cheekily replied. “Seeing you?”

She laughed even louder this time. “Good answer, see you in a bit.” She said and hung up the phone. I guess I’m going to Ally’s now then. I turned around and headed towards her flat and 10 minutes later I was stood at her door.

“Alright Smith?” She opened the door and I took a step closer and held her waist tightly, pulling her towards me. Instead of replying I moved one of my hands up her body and to her face, holding her cheek and kissing her gently. I pulled away and looked at her confused face and her eyes open. “Well don’t pull away!” She grabbed my face and kissed me again as I laughed.

“Yeah, I’m alright. Much better now.” I chuckled and pulled away from the kiss. Even though she bowed her head I could still see the blush filling up her cheeks. “I love it when you get embarrassed.”

“Stop being horrible!” She hit my chest and I held it pretending to be hurt.

“Uhhhh, I don’t know if I’m mistaken but I paid you a compliment!”

“Yeah, I don’t like it!” She turned around and headed down the hall but I grabbed her hand and span her around so she was in my arms once again.