71. Not anymore

ALLY’S P.O.V

My hands started shaking as I saw Dan enter the coffee shop. I felt the sick rise from my stomach. Why did he have to find me? I guess this was a pretty shit hiding place. Did he not realise that I didn't want to talk to him right now, that's why I left the flat. And now he's followed me here. I guess I can't run away from the truth forever.

“Ally I can kick his ass if you want him out?” Seth whispered in my ear, making me chuckle slightly. The thought of both Seth and Dan hitting anyone was hilarious. I turned to look Seth in the eye and shook my head, still with a slight smile on my face.

“I think that I could throw a better punch than you Seth.” I whispered back.

“I wouldn’t want to embarrass him anyway.” Seth joked, trying to make light of the ridiculously awkward situation.

“Al..” Dan started.

“Not here Dan.” I walked past him and out the doors of the coffee shop, into the street. Out here wasn’t exactly the place to have this conversation either. I kept walking, heading towards the park, it would be quieter there. I turned around, checking that Dan was following me, and he was right behind me. Some part of me was hoping he wasn’t following me and we didn’t have to have the painful discussion that was about to take place.

No one was in the park other than passer-by's walking through it as it was still early. I sat down on the grass, Dan sat opposite. Just looking at him I’m unsure whether I want to kiss him or slap him. I needed to hear him out to be able to decide what to do.

“Go on then. Explain.”

“I’m so sorry Al.” Dan started playing with the bracelets on his wrist; I knew this was a nervous habit of his.

“Yeah, yeah.. Get on with it.” I sighed.

The second nervous habit of his came about now, he started playing with his shoelaces, winding them around his finger, giving him something to focus his attention on. “What do you want me to say?"

“I want to know everything. Who? When? Why?”

And the third nervous habit was now in full swing. He was playing with his hair.. His thick, dark hair. No, stop thinking about him like that Ally, he cheated on you for fucks sake.

“Do.. Do you really want to know?” I shot him an evil look and he glanced up and caught my expression. “Oh, okay you do.” His gaze then went back down to his shoelaces which he had gone back to playing with. “It was last night, with um.. It was with Lou.”

I huffed loudly, grimacing and nodding, taking the information in that he had just told me. Of course it was Lou. I had been wary of her from the start, now this proves that I had a right to be. “Was last night the only time?”

“Yes. I knew it was a mistake as soon as it happened..” He paused, thinking for a moment. “But we did kiss the other night. But I’m telling you this because I love you and I don’t want to lie to you.”

“For fucks sakes Dan! You were shacking up with her whilst I looked after your fucking daughter? What kind of sick joke is that? Why? Are you unhappy in our relationship?”

“No, not at all, Ally I love you so much.” Dan began pleading, looking at me with his puppy dog eyes. He reached over to grab my hand but I quickly flinched away. “Please trust me, I love you. It was just a moment of weakness that will never happen again, I promise.”

“Two moments of weakness, Dan." I corrected him. "I guess you just love her more than you will ever love me.” I whispered, realisation setting in.

“No, please don’t say that. It’s not true, I don’t love her.”

“If you’re willing to cheat on me with her, that just proves it Dan.”

“I don’t know what to say to make it better, let me make it better. Forgive me?”

“I.. I don’t know if I can.”

“OH MY GOD IS THAT DAN SMITH?!” Dan quickly shot his head up and looked at the two teenage girls that were running up towards us.

“Oh fuck.” He mumbled under his breath. “Hi, how are you?!” He smiled politely towards the girls.

“Oh my god, hi! We love Bastille so much! Can we get a photo please?”

“Yeah of course.” Dan stood up and I stood up too to take the picture for the girls. The three of them all smiled towards the phone that I was taking the picture on.

“Thank you so much! Is this your girlfriend?” One of the girls turned to me with a huge grin on her face.

I was silent for a while, unsure of my response. The two girls looked at me like I was some sort of idiot that couldn’t speak. Dan looked at me eagerly waiting for my answer.

"No." I replied. "Not anymore."