69. Cheat

ALLY’S P.O.V.

I decided to leave Seth’s shortly after my phone call with Dan. It sort of just put me in a bad mood and I wanted to go and see what his problem is.

It wasn’t until I was outside and the cool night air hit my face that I realised how drunk I was. I had only had a few beers but that’s how much of a lightweight I am.

I quickly walked the 5 minute journey back to Dan’s, wanting to get out of the cold as soon as possible. I got in the flat and found Dan sitting up in his bed watching TV. I stood at the door awkwardly and fumbled around with my keys for a moment, suddenly feeling guilty that I had shouted at Dan earlier on.

“Hi.” He mumbled.

“Hi.” I replied. I chucked my bag on the floor and walked over to the bed and sat down next to him. “Are we okay?” I asked hesitantly.

“Uhh..” Dan muttered. Oh brilliant, thanks for the confidence Dan.

“So that’s a no then. What’s wrong?”

“No, nothing. Nothing. Sorry.”

“Well then stop being weird.” I looked at him properly. Was he on something? “Dan, what have you been doing tonight?” He snapped his head up and a look of panic set in his face. Oh shit, he has.

“I… I just had a few drinks.”

“Oh for fucks sakes Dan, have you been using?” I came out with it.

“No.. Christ no, not at all.” He shook his head furiously. “No, not all of that. I swear I’ve just had a couple of drinks.”

“Err. Okay. Why are you acting so weird then?”

“I.. Ur I just felt bad about that phone call. I.. I didn’t mean to sound like such a dick, expecting you to be here. I just wanted to see you.”

My heart crumbled when he said that he just wanted to see me. He wanted to see me and I shouted at him in response. What a dick. “I’m sorry too, I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

“Uhh. Don’t worry about it.” He smiled at me. I smiled back and leant over and kissed him. In my drunken state I felt the need for his touch. I deepened the kiss but to my disappointment he broke it off. “I’m tired, I’m gunna sleep.” He said, making me embarrassed that he had just turned down my blatant advances.

“Oh okay.” I mumbled angrily in response. Dan moved himself so he was laying down facing away from me and turned off the light that was next to him. He was acting really weird, what the hell was wrong with him?

DAN’S P.O.V.

I can’t do this. I’m a cheat. I’m a lying cheat. For fucks sake Dan, you hate these sorts of people what are you doing?

As soon as I saw Ally I wanted to tell her. The words were so close to coming out but I couldn’t hurt her like that. I know it’s a bit late for the whole guilty conscience to come into play, but I don’t want to hurt her. That was never my intention.

I guess Lou has this hold over me. She says ‘jump!’ and I say ‘how high?’ like the foolish person I am. And now I’ve done something that I can never take back, never be forgiven for. Dan you’ve really screwed it up this time.

I can’t even pretend to act all happy couples with Ally when I know that I’ve betrayed her like this. I don’t deserve to be happy; I’m a vile human being.

All of those times that I cried over Lou cheating, I was now going to inflict that pain on Ally.

……..

I managed to say silent for a whole 11 hours, 9 of which were spent sleeping. Ally sleeping more like. I on the other hand could barely sleep, instead allowing my thoughts to eat me up and torture me.

Ally was happily getting ready for work, unaware that what I was about to tell her was going to crush her. I was busy trying to think of a way to tell her, when it just came out all of a sudden.

“I slept with someone else.”

Ally slowly turned to face me, a look of confusion and shock plastered on her face. A barely audible noise escaped from her lips.

“I’m sorry.”

She stood up from her place on the floor by the mirror and left the room, without saying a word. A few seconds later I heard the front door slam shut. That was it. Us over.