43. Confessions

DAN'S P.O.V.

We had a really good day yesterday at Ally's house in Bournemouth and I was knackered from the weekend but I still had to go in the studio today. Most of our album is recorded now, which is wicked, it just takes so much time.

I was walking along in the sunshine, my sunglasses on and a big smile on my face. I'm so excited for the summer and festival season. I love festivals, I think they're awesome. You get to see so many other acts there. Usually it's the same sorts of people so it's always like a big summer reunion.

I walked into the studio to see Will sat there, tuning a guitar. "You alright mate?" I greeted him

"Yeah, yourself?" He seemed a bit standoffish.

"Not bad at all." I glanced at Will again and he didn't look alright at all. He looked on edge about something. "Dude, are you actually alright?"

"Hmmm? Uh actually I'm kind of glad you're here before the others, there's something I want to talk to you about." I was intrigued as to what he had to say so nodded, hinting at him to continue. "I.. I know it's not my place to say anything and I shouldn't put my nose in it or anything.. But.. But-"

"Oh spit it out Will! What are you trying to say?"

"Okay, I saw you and Kaley kiss the other day and I just don't think it's right, especially after everything that is going on at the moment with Kyle. Cheating hurts Dan, you know that."

I was absolutely dumbstruck and could hardly say anything. "Right, Will, you totally have the wrong end of the stick. She kissed me. I pushed her away."

"I.. I'm just saying what I saw, mate. I went outside and saw you and Kaley talking. I saw you hugging and kiss and then I just panicked and went back inside."

"You should have stuck around and you would understand. I pushed her away! I shouted at her and left! Why would I cheat on someone as amazing as Ally?" I couldn't let Will think that I was a cheat.

"So, Kaley kissed you?"

"Yes!" I pretty much shouted.

"So she has feelings for you."

I began to speak and shout no but then I stopped myself. Will would understand. "I don't know, dude. She said something about true feelings coming out when you're drunk. What does that even mean?"

"It means she has feelings for you, Dan. You need to be careful."

"Shit." I put my head in my hands. "What do you mean be careful? What should I do?"

"I don't want to be mean about Kaley or anything but you don't want her to manipulate the situation and make it seem like you came onto her. If she's willing to kiss her best friends boyfriend then it's likely that she will lie about that to come between you two. Seriously, be careful Dan."

"So you think I should tell Ally what happened?"

Will sat and thought for a second and our conversation was interrupted by Kyle entering the room. "Oh thank god you're here Kyle! Dan was just explaining the meaning of yet another song, I thought I was going to be here for 4 hours again!" I was so relieved that he wasn't going to tell Kyle about what had just been said. I knew I could rely on Will.

"Oh no, you know what he's like, can send you to sleep with all the rubbish that comes out of his mouth!" Kyle replied and I jokily punched him on the arm.

ALLY'S P.O.V.

Today was Kaley's birthday so I tried to make an effort for her like she had done for me. I woke up and started cooking a full English, her favourite breakfast. I made her a cuppa too and put it all on a tray and took it to her bedroom.

I knocked on the door and entered, only to be faced with an empty bed. Where was she? I rested the tray on the bed and gave her a call but she didn't answer. I sent her a text asking her where she was. This was weird, we agreed to do something today ages ago.

She was acting weird yesterday too. She did that disappearing act early in the morning and barely spoke to me all day. Maybe she woke up early and went out early again. I ate my breakfast and put hers in the kitchen, ready for when she returned.

I decided to get ready anyway and after 2 hours she still wasn't home. I gave her another call but again, no answer. It was midday now, surely she would be back soon. I went through to the living room and curled up on the sofa, putting on the tv whilst I waited for her.

........

I woke up startled after hearing a loud bang. I looked at the clock to see it was 6pm. The last thing I remember, it was about 2pm. That means I've slept most of the day, what a waste of a day.

I heard a smash coming from the hallway and walked out to see Kaley trying to kick off her shoes. She was blind drunk and fell over as she tried to untie her laces, giggling to herself.

"Kaley?" I questioned her and she quickly looked up at me.

"Ahhhh Ally. Perfect Ally. Beautiful perfect Ally with everything. I'm so jealous but I can't be and that's wrong."

What was she talking about? "Yeah, it's me." I leant down and helped her stand and led her to her room, putting her on her bed. "Where have you been all day?" I asked, not expecting to get a reply that made much sense.

"I needed a drink, alright? Is that fucking alright? Or do I need your permission? I don't need anybody telling me what to do, okay? I can't do what I really want to do, so vodka will have to do."

Yep, that made barely any sense. "Babe, who's telling you what to do?"

She waved her hands in the air. "Everyone. No-one." That made perfect sense! "Society! You can't do it. You just aren't meant to, are you?"

"What aren't you meant to do, Kay?" I was getting more and more confused, there was obviously something she was bottling up inside and needed to confess to.

"Ally, there's something you need to know...."