33. Another ex

DAN’S P.O.V.

My alarm went off at 6 and I groaned as I leant across my bed to turn it off. Early mornings really weren’t my thing. I’m so used to staying up whilst being on tour that my body clocks set to late nights and late mornings.

Me and Kyle had an interview at Radio 1 at half 7 so I would have to leave here by half 6 so there was enough time to go get Kyle and get there early. I don’t get how people get up this early every day. I’m suffering.

I basically fell asleep in the taxi over to Kyles and when he got in I couldn’t believe how awake he was. And how happy he was. This was weird, last time I saw him was the night after he broke up with Hattie, and I’ve hardly spoken to him since.

“You seem happy this morning. Not that that’s a bad thing.” I murmered as he got in the car.

“Yeah, I am.. 3 cups of coffee. A bit buzzing.” I shrugged and rested my head back on the window and closed my eyes again.

The day went so long, we were going from interview to interview and then had meetings too. The interviews were fine, the only thing that's bad about interviews is basically everyone asks the same question so they can get a bit repetitive. Kyle’s caffeine fix had worn off quickly and he seemed to be distracted, thinking about things. We were finished by about 4 so me and Kyle decided to go to the coffee shop and talk about things.

I told him about Johnny and how he knew Ally. It wasn’t that I though Ally would go off with him, but I wouldn’t put it past him for trying.

Then I asked him what was happening with Hattie. Turns out she had already packed her bags and left, moving in with this other guy she had been seeing. Some people could be so heartless. They had been in a relationship for years and just like that she picks up and leaves! Crazy.

When we had finished our coffees we both went off to our separate houses, we would see each other tomorrow for practice anyway.

I walked home and gave Ally a call on the walk.

“Hiiiiii!” She beamed down the phone at me.

“Well hi there pretty lady, how you doing?” I said, putting on some stupid American accent.

“What even was that Smith?”

“I don’t know, it's been a long day and I think I'm going crazy. What have you been up to today?”

“Ergh nothing, I’m so bored. Kaley’s going out tonight with work mates too so I’m on my own all evening!”

“Hmmmm I would say that’s a hint?”

“Well.. I’m just saying if you’re not busy..” She laughed down the phone.

“Be ready in 20 and we can go for dinner?”

“Ah Daaaan I need a shower and everything!”

“Hurry up then, I’m on my way to yours!” I said, hanging up and changing my direction to walk towards Ally’s.

I got there and she was drying her hair after showering. I let her get ready and sat on her bed, half watching what she was doing, half scrolling through my phone. 10 minutes later and she was ready and we made our way out for food.

We had a good evening, chatting and laughing, and I totally forgot about the whole Johnny thing. I knew I shouldn’t have panicked about that. I asked Ally if she wanted to come to watch us at practice tomorrow and she seemed really excited.

……..

We woke up and got ourselves some toast before getting ready to go to practice. We walked hand in hand down the road. Another sunny day, I can’t wait for summer. It’s going to be awesome with all of the festivals and everything.