I was there

After his talk with Sam, Michael just wanted to get home and apologize for everything he's said.  He knew his brother was right.  Even though he hated to admit it.

"Drink your water!"

"I am!  I'm fine.. Sam, I feel bad."

"Yeah, you should."

"Mom has been through so much and.. *Sighs* I just feel terrible. I'm a terrible son."

"No you're not a terrible son.. You're just a terrible person."

"Thanks." Michael says sarcastically.

"I'm just playing. You're just a kid.. Sometimes life sucks and it fucks with your head..
You should just be thankful you have someone as wise as I am for an older brother."

Michael rolls his eyes and looks out the window.

**

By the time they got home everyone was already back from the restaurant.

"Michael!" Jessica jumped up and ran to him with tears pouring down her face.

"I'm sorry, mom.  I'm so sorry!"

"Baby, it's okay!  I just want you to stop drinking!  It's not good." She nods.

"I know.. Mom, I don't hate you."

"I know you don't.  It just hurt me so bad hearing you say it with so much anger."

"I'm so sorry."

"Stop apologizing.  Just please stop whatever your doing.  You're my son and I love you.  I want you to take care of yourself."

"I will, ma."

Michael walks over to Zachary and says, "I'm sorry.  I didn't mean the things I said."

"I know." He nods.

"I'm lucky to have you as a brother.. Coach, I'm lucky to have you as a step father.. I'm lucky to have my other brothers and my beautiful mom.. I'm lucky to have little Nova." He smiles with tears in his eyes.

"I love you too, little bug!" He chuckles as he stares at her in Danny's arms.

"Caroline, Tiff and Alyssa, I apologize for my behavior..."

"See?  That's a good boy." Jessica smiles and hugs him tight.

**

"Mom, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure baby, come in."

"Your boobs aren't flying about, are they?"

"Samuel!  No!" She laughs.

"Okay good!"

Sam walks in and sits on the foot of her bed.

"What's up?"

"I'm worried about Michael.  He's really upset over dad and I know he's always had anxiety and he's been depressed.  He's turning to alcohol and it just really worries me."