A new baby

The next morning Jessica walked into the living room area where Sam was sleeping.

"Sam!" She shouts but he doesn't move.

"Samuel!"

"Hm?"

"Get up!"
Sam opens his eyes the shields them from the light.

"Mom, go away.." He mumbles.

"Sit down!" She says sitting on the edge of the coffee table in front of him.

Sam was only in underwear so he grabbed a throw pillow and places it on top of him.

"Samuel, I understand that you're twenty one and you can do whatever you you want, you're an adult. But we are on a family vacation and I asked you to take care of your little brother. What would make you leave and go get drunk with some girl?"

"I'm sorry.."

"Alcohol is serious, and I don't want you going down the wrong path."

"Jesus, mom! It was just one night! I got drunk, crucify me!"

"Samuel, I know it was just one night, but as your mother it is my job to tell you what's right and what's wrong. It's my job to give you advice, because if not then what kind of mother would I be?"

...

"Just please be careful."

"I will.."

"Now go get some clothes on and get that pillow off your balls!"

"MOM!" He shouts with embarrassment as Jessica walks out of the room.

***

Once their little vacation came to an end they flew back to Minnesota and slowly went back to reality.

"Danny, I'm not ready for school to start. I'm not ready for the boys to leave.."

"I know.. It won't be easy, but this is what we've spent their whole lives getting them ready for. When a child moves away, you should feel proud."

"That's true, I guess.. I'm just gonna miss having them here. All four will be gone now. Poor Grayson's gonna be all alone." Jessica pouts.

"He's not alone, honey."

Jessica wipes her tears and says, "We should get going. We're gonna be late."

Jessica had an appointment with her OBGYN today, and Danny was going to go with her.

The doctor felt around her stomach and did an ultrasound to make sure everything was how he suspected.

"Jessica, I'm going to be giving you a prescription for Clomid 50mg. That will be cycle one. I'm going to monitor you closely to make sure you're cysts stays the same, and to make sure there there is no ovary enlargement."

"Okay. Will this work?"

"Most women start ovulating in the first three months of taking it. In a month I'll check you and if you're not ovulating then I'll double the dosage. The longest you can take this medication is six months."

"Okay.."

**

When Danny and Jessica got in the car Jessica was very quiet.

"Are you okay, honey?"

"I just hope it works.." She says softly as she looks out the window.

***

August 20th.

Today was Michael's 18th birthday.