Chapter 108 - Dr. Prince

Michael's POV

I bury my hands in my jacket pocket keeping my head down, as I trudge through the parking lot. I managed to sneak through the kitchen doors, going through a path to the parking lot. Luckily the parking lot was dark, and empty enough for no one to see me.

I squint my eyes slightly, seeing Prince in a white trench leaned up against his car. He looks up slowly as I walk closer to him.

"I swear they're better be a good reason why I'm up at this hour." I sigh out as he pulls something out of his pocket handing it to me. "What's this?" I chuckle opening the wad of paper, staring at him. "An eviction notice?"

"No, but it's about to be Tatiana's if she doesn't watch out." Prince mutters as I raise an eyebrow looking down at the note.

"These would look nice at your funeral. I'm always watching...." I mutter out loud. I furrow my eyebrows looking up at him. "What the hell is this?"

"She got that before the concert--" he says rubbing his bottom lip. "I guess she's been getting other weird stuff lately too."

I scrunch my face up as I read it again slowly, processing the words as if it didn't hit me the first time. I pause looking up at him. "Other weird stuff..?"

"That's what she said." he shrugs, as I clench my jaw slightly.

"Why would she tell you this and not me? Why didn't she tell me?"

"I dunno man...maybe she likes me more." he smirks, only making me angrier. He chuckles at my face and looks away. "Man relax, she didn't want you worrying."

"Well how the hell do you think I feel now?" my voice raising.

"How would I know? I ain't Dr. Phil..." he says rolling his eyes. I shake my head running a hand over my mouth, pacing back and forth.

"Will you take your dick out of your jockstrap, and breathe?" Prince says sucking on a tootsie pop. "Did it ever occur to you that she didn't tell your ass because she loves you?"

I stay silent, before smirking angrily. "No. No she does not love me. She can't even open up to me, because of the things I had done in the past--things like this." I say gripping the note in my hand angrily. "And that is my own fault--which is why..." I stop pacing as I stare in space.

"Why what?"

I stay silent looking down. "Why I-I have to let her go."

Prince's POV

I shoot my head up.

I was already shocked that Michael was opening up to me in the beginning--but this....he just put me in the twilight zone.

"Let her go?" I choke out. "You given' her to me that easy?"

"I'm not giving her to anybody. I just have to let her go. This--" he looks down at the letter before crumbling it up in his fist. "Will never keep happening if I hold on to her." he swallows hard. "I-I have to let her go."

I stare at him. "Man, you got that disease called stupid."

"What?"

"Will you man up?" I put the sucker back in my mouth. "If I was in your shoes, I'd never let a girl like that even go down the street. Much less break up with her."

"I have too, okay? I love her--I can't see this keep happening to her over and over because of me."

"Get your head outta your ass, man. It ain't just you they after. It's her too--"