Chapter 82 - Unexpected

Michael's POV

"He wants to speak with you now, sir..." she says as I pinch the bridge of my nose.

I clearly knew and expected to speak with her father eventually. I knew it would happen eventually, but not this soon and especially not this late in the night.

"I, uh-" I swallow hard and sighs closing my eyes.

"God, why now?" I think to myself.

"I can tell him you have retired for the evening sir, and you are asleep..." she suggests as I nod slowly.

"I'll return his call in the morning, I'm just-I need to get my mind together." I mumble as she nods.

"Of course. Is that all?"

"Yes, thank you..." I nod sleepily looking down yawning. She disappears down the steps as I rub my eyes. I look at Tatiana's door before slipping into my room tiredly closing the door.

I slip on a plain white tee, with some pajama bottoms getting in bed.

"I can't believe she's actually here..." I whisper out loud to myself as I stare at the ceiling my arms behind my head.

I think about her as I close my eyes. I slowly begin to drift off to sleep.

As soon as I drift off onto a light sleep, a soft knock hits the door.

"Come in..." I mumble softly my eyes still closed. I hear the door open as I sleepily open my eyes. I see Tatiana standing at the door tears rolling down her face as I slowly sit up.

"Tatiana..." my voice stuttering softly.

"C-can I-"

She doesn't even have time to finish her sentence before I immediately get up picking her up bridal style carrying her to bed with me. I lay her down pulling the covers over her. I slide in next to her, wasting no time to take her in my arms. Both of us are lying on our sides, her head against my chest and her arms around my, just like mine are around hers. My hand is lost in her hair, listening to the sound of her soft breathing, my lips against her forehead, wanting to make her feel safe, like I should have been a long time ago.

"I love you." I whisper against her soft skin.

She looks up at me, and I look down at her.

"Do you think you can maybe say that again?" She requests.

I smile and moves my head down pressing my lips against her ear, whispering lowly. "I love you, Tatiana..." I whisper. She smiles lightly and looks down.

"So you're staying here?" I ask softly for confirmation.

She nods her head.

"With me?" I smile a little.

"Just for tonight." She says firmly.

"What do you mean, 'just for tonight?'"

She shrugs her shoulders in response.

"So you gon' let me cuddle with you tonight but then I sleep alone? I furrow my eyebrows.

"There's a guest room." She says with a sly smile.

"That's cruel." I frown."Then I got no one to hold."

"I can give you Bubbles."

"Oh, whatever." I scoff making her laugh. I smile triumphantly at her giggles.

"We gotta take this slow, you know." She reminds him. "I'm not tryna rush anything."

"Yeah, I know." I nod, understanding."Is cuddling going too fast, though?"