Chapter 109 - Busy

Winnie's POV

"Winnie, you've been staring at the phone for 10 minutes..." Clifton says slowly.

"I know, I know--" I shake my head, biting a hangnail. "I'm just nervous, what if it doesn't work?"

"Then we'll come up with another plan." he says simply. "I mean, what do we have to lose right?"

I nod slowly as he adjusts his glasses. "So what are you waiting for?"

I sigh picking up the phone as I dial, the phone begins to ring. "Sweet baby Jesus, please--"

"Hello?"

I freeze slightly. Michael.

I expected Tatiana to pick up, but maybe this is better. Michael was more laid back, and wouldn't ask questions.

"Heeeeeey, Michael...." I say awkwardly looking at Clifton as he rolls his eyes. I shrug sheepishly as Michael chuckles lightly.

"Winnie?" He laughs lightly. "Hey! How are you doing?"

"Good, great...." I giggle looking over at Clifton. "How's everything?"

"It's crazy, but everything is---" he pauses for a moment, before chuckling softly. "Good."

"That's good....uhm--" I bite down on my lip. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course..."

"So uhm, school is out in a couple of weeks and--" I close my eyes talking fast. "Can Clifton and I go on tour with you guys? Please? We won't be in the way or--"

"Slow down. Breathe." Michael chuckles."You want to what?"

"Go on tour--with you guys?" I ask sheepishly.

"With who?"

I blush. "Clifton--"

"That guy you hang out with?" Michael teases. "Do you have a boyfriend, Winnie?"

"NO!" I shout as Clifton stares at me strangely. I turn my back slowly, and whispers.

"He's right here..." I hiss making Michael laugh hard.

"I'm just kidding. But--do your parents know about this?"

I wince slightly. "Uh--no...." I say slowly. "I was kinda hoping that you'd ask them. You know it would be better coming from you then me--"

Michael laughs again. "Fine. I'll call them tonight; but Tatiana isn't here. She's with Sheryl--"

"It's cool! Tell her I said hey--and thank you!" I squeal before hanging up. I look over at Clifton grinning widely.

"Step 1 is now complete."

Michael's POV

I walk in the empty auditorium silently, my hands in my pocket. It was early in the morning and it was our last rehearsal before the concert.

After yesterday, Tatiana and I didn't speak the whole day. After I came out the bathroom, she was gone. She went to room with Sheryl, and I went to several interviews. That night she decided to spend the night at Sheryl's.

Then Winnie called asking if she could come on tour. It would be a good idea for her to be around Tati, and already several kids were going to be around on tour, anyway. So why not two more?

I run a hand through my hair, sighing out as I chew a piece of gum. All night I kept finding myself staring at the note trying to piece together who it is. I'm sure I've gotten crazy letters, but I never had them personally delivered to me.