Chapter 91- Six feet in

Winnie's POV

"Dad told me they would only take a few minutes." Tatiana sighs, throwing herself on the sofa next to me.

"Yeah, well that was about forty-five minutes ago." Mom points out.

"I wonder what they're talking about." Tati mumbles playing with her nails nervously.

I get up as I press my ear against the door listening.

"I promise I will look after her, take care of her, and protect her, anything." I hear Michael say. "She's gonna be in good hands on this tour. I'm not going to let you guys down again."

I raise an eyebrow as Tatiana looks over at me.

"What is he saying?" she whispers she walks over trying to listen. She presses her ear against the door as I look out the window.

Daniel folds his hands and rests his chin on it, listening attentively.

"I hope so..." Daniel says. "I don't want history to repeat itself."

"I'd risk my life for her." Michael continues. "There's no way anything is going to happen to her."

I look over at Tatiana as she listens blushing. I nudge her playfully, wiggling my eyebrows as she rolls her eyes playfully.

"I'll get it." Mom says getting up, going in the other room.

"God, you guys are so perfect..." I giggle watching Daniel and Michael talk.

"We're working on it." she says quietly.  "We're working on it..."

Michael's POV

Later that night, finally arriving back home at around eleven at night, both of us exhausted and ready to get some rest for the long day we have ahead of us.

"I'm not even done packing." Tatiana complains, walking out the closet in sweatpants and a tank top. It was obvious she was worn out.

"Then I suggest you finish." I chuckle, sitting down at the edge of the bed. I bite my lip studying her body before looking away. She was slim, but she had a figure that made me go crazy inside.

"I'm too tired." She groans, walking over to me.

"Do it in the morning." I reply, "I'm sure you don't have much left to pack anyway, Tati."

"Yeah I'll do it later." Now she stands in front of me, placing her hands on my shoulders. "Thanks for coming with me tonight."

"It's no problem."

"What were you and my dad talking about?"

"Confidential stuff." I smile gently.

Tati raises an eyebrow in response.

"What?" I shrug.

"Nothing." She shakes her head, wrapping her arms around my neck and leaning into place a firm kiss on my lips. "You got your kiss now." She whispers as she pulls away.

"Can I have another one?" I ask softly, my voice barely above a whisper.

But I didn't even need to ask because the next second, instead I pulled her into another kiss.

"Michael..." She breathes, still receiving several kisses, "Michael, we... we need to sleep." She tries hard not to smile between kisses.

"Fine, fine," I mumble, pulling away knowing she would be sleeping in the guest room.

"Do you mind if I sleep in here?" she whispers. I struggle to keep from breaking in a smile as I grab her by her waist pulling her in bed with me. She squeals as I smile, kissing her neck quickly.

She giggles softly as I pull her onto my body, letting her body rest on mine, her head on my chest.

"Goodnight Michael..." she whispers softly.

"Goodnight..." I kiss her forehead holding her in my arms tightly. "I love you..." I whisper.

**

Later that night the phone begins to ring loudly. I groan lightly opening my eyes slightly, seeing Tatiana fast asleep on my chest, gripping my shirt gently.

I look over at the dresser seeing the clock reading 3:00 in the morning. Who would be calling this late at night?

I reach over careful to not wake Tatiana, as I answer the phone.

"Hello?" I say groggily.

"Is this Mr. Jackson?" the voice asks on the other line.

"Y-yeah..." I say struggling to not yawn. "Who's calling?"

"Mr. Jackson, this is the Santa Barbara police department. I handled the case of Ms. Thumbtzen's home being vandalized. " the voice says as I furrow my eyebrows holding Tatiana tighter in my arms.

"It's our understanding that you were involved in a case with Rachel Gordon, and Tatiana is staying at your residence. We'd like to report that Rachel was found dead in Selma, California."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to update early this week because I simply love you guys. <3 633k reads!! I was reading comments today on this story and you guys just slay harder than Yonce! Your kind words, votes, and reads mean so much!! 

Please keep up the votes, comments, and reads! If you haven't voted or commented please do so! 

xoxoxo,

moonwalkergal