Chapter 120 - Pink Lagoon

Michael's POV

"Hey--" Karen says looking over at me. "There's a phone call for you, it's Bill." she says walking past me as she sets out her makeup. I jump out of my seat. "I better go get it--I'll see you in a bit, Tati..."

I really didn't want to leave her alone with Karen--not because of what Karen would say to Tatiana, but would Tatiana would do to Karen. I look over at her as Karen has her back turned mouthing "Behave."

She rolls her eyes as I chuckle walking out the room. I go down the hall to my dressing room swinging the door open as I see Frank look up at me. "Yeah Bill, he's right here..." he says handing me the phone.

"Mike?"

"Bill..."I chuckle looking over my shoulder making sure Frank was out the room. "I've been waiting for you to call..."

"I know Mike...but it wasn't exactly easy getting a hold of Rachel's final arrangements."

I sit down slowly, tangling my finger in the phone cord. "Well..."

"Kid...the funeral was this afternoon. I went--"

"And?"

"I don't think you have anything to worry about anymore."

I close my eyes sighing out. "You mean..."

"She's dead, Mike."

"Are you sure?" I whisper.

"Mike, I saw her with my own eyes. She's dead. I went to the morgue before to double check."

I swallow hard running a hand over my face.

"I didn't expect for you to be happy about this but at the same time, I thought you'd be relieved." he says as I stare at the wall.

  "I-I don't know what to feel. I guess I'm relieved...It just doesn't answer any questions I have, I guess." I mumble lowly.

"Like what?"

"Have you heard what's been going on?"

"Frank and Wayne filled me in..."

"Maybe it's just--I don't know." I sigh. "I can't shake off this feeling..."

"Kid, listen." he says seriously. "I think all of what is going on and what has happened is stressing you out and you're being paranoid. Does Tatiana know--"

"I'd prefer for her not too. She's been put through enough..."

"And you need to let that guilt go. You remember all the craziness you and your brothers went through when you kids toured?"

I smirk before letting out a chuckle. Those were the days of crazy fans breaking into hotel rooms, stalking, ...

"I guess your right." I chuckle softly.

"Just worry about this tour and  keeping that girl happy." he laughs out making me blush as I put a hand over my face laughing.

"I'm working on it." I chuckle. "I gotta go. I'll talk to you tomorrow.." I laugh as we say goodbye before hanging up.

**

I walk in the room where everyone is gathered around.  My eyes immediately lock on Tatiana's who's giggling with Sheryl. I couldn't help but smile just watching her. 

Just to think everything I wanted or ever needed was standing right in front of me.

As if she hears me she turns around her eyes lighting up as she bites her lip, attempting to hold back a smile as I feel myself relax winking at her as she looks down blushing.