Chapter 99- Faye or Faux

Winnie's POV

"I can't believe your parents are letting you go out." Clifton chuckles as we walk through the aisles of the music store.

"They loosened up since you know..." I tilt my head to the side, slightly. "Rachel's dead."

He shakes his head pushing his glasses farther up his nose. "I still can't believe she's dead..."

I pull out Ziggy Stardust, studying the album. "I can't either, but I won't complain."

Clifton smirks shaking his head as he walks ahead of me. "You're evil."

"Sweetheart, it ain't my fault she went to the Karma Cafe." I flip my hair sassily. "You get served what you deserve."

He laughs hard. "You need help...."

I giggle as I look around the store. "Hey do you have any cassettes?" I ask the teenager behind the register.

"In the back." she says monotone.

I go in the back of the store behind a curtain, leaving Clifton to rummage through the record bin.

I start searching through the cassette's picking out Bon Jovi, Queen, Blondie, Michael (of course), and a few others.

"Hmm and look what we have here..." a voice says from behind me. I jump turning around seeing Brian.

His tousled black hair complimented his dark-devilish eyes. A single gold hoop earring hung on one ear, along with the gold watch on his wrist. A faded leather jacket was draped around his chiseled frame, with his polo tucked in his jeans.

Brian was one of the hardest guys in our school. He was known for drug use, wild parties, and bad boy behavior yet somehow girls flocked to this guy.

I roll my eyes as I turn around picking up my things. "What do you want, Brian?"

"Now is that the way to be baby girl?" he asks leaning against the wall. I scoff as I try to walk past him.

"Hey! Don't walk away..." he grabs my arm as I snatch it back.

"Ya know, I was thinking..." he says looking me up and down. "We should go out sometime."

"No thanks." I scoff turning to walk away again. He grabs my arm forcefully pulling me closer to him, holding my arm tightly.

"Oh come on, princess..." he smirks, using his other hand to caress my cheek. "Do you want to know what I'd do to you?"

"Dude, let go!" I say loudly, trying to push him away. His grip tightens on me as I struggle.

"You know, I don't like attitudes." he says lowly.

"I think she said "No thank you."

We both turn our heads seeing Clifton approach us slowly. He gently pulls me away from Brian making me go behind him.

"Let's buy this and get out." He mumbles lowly as we walk through the curtain walking to the register.

"Aww I'm sorry man, I didn't know she was your girl." Brian chuckles walking after us, as I am paying for my things. "When you're done with her, come holla at me."

"Ignore him." Clifton whispers as I flip my hair angrily.

"Maybe we can double up on her, man." he smirks.

My eyes widen in anger as Clifton's jaw clenches.

In that split second he swirls around, taking a swing at Brian.

Brian stumbles back as Clifton grabs him by his collar, slamming him against the wall.

"MAN, I WILL FUCKING—" Clifton yells before Brian takes a punch at him.