Chapter 84 - Mr. Thumbtzen

Michael's POV

"Michael...he's downstairs." Bill says. 

"He is?" I say running a hand through my hair shakily. 

"You might wanna get freshened up, before going down there." he nods to my sweats as I bury my hands in my pocket. 

"Just keep him, occupied..." I say softly. "I'll be down in a moment." 

He nods as he walks out the room. I swallow hard and rubs my neck, trying to relieve the sudden tension.

I was honestly hoping Eva would be here, though knowing Daniel....he likes to handle things himself. I take a deep sigh as I put on some slacks, and a flannel shirt. I pull my hair back in a ponytail, slipping on loafers. 

"Prepare to get your ass kicked, Michael." I mumble to myself before walking downstairs. 

I had to face him sooner or later. It was my plan to reach out, to let him know how I feel. And I am very well aware that none of this is going to be easy. I'm know what I'm getting myself into. But I'm willing to do anything and everything to get back into Tatiana's life...for good.

I walk lightly down the steps stuffing my hands in my pockets as I walk down the hall to my office.

"What's taking him so long?!" I hear him say loudly as I slowly walk to the doorway. I see him face to face, with Bill. 

"He's coming right down, Mr. Thumbtzen. In the meantime, I recommend you sit down." 

"I'll get the bastard up myself." he says angrily, pushing past Bill.  They both look up at me as I cross my arms.

By the way Daniel was staring him down; I was certain he was going to have a black eye. 

"Bill, I'll take it from here." I demand softly, not tearing my eyes off Daniel, his eyes burning in mine. Bill nods looking between us hesitantly before walking out. 

"Would, you...uhm, like to sit down?" I say nodding to the couches as he looks at me hatefully, sitting down slowly.  I sit down awkwardly 

"I was hoping we could talk..." I say licking my lips slowly . "I owe you and your family an apology." I stare at him as he crosses his arms listening.  "Look, I know we aren't exactly on the best terms right now..." I talk slowly, and  looks at Daniel, "And I know you probably want to kill me or something." I mutter nervously.

This was extremely difficult. The awkward tension was not comforting at all.

"Trust me, I do." Daniel nods. "But I won't, because I know my daughter wouldn't want me to. Especially on some kid."

I clench my jaw, slightly offended by his last sentence, but I knew I had to take his shit or else I actually might get a good knockout.

It remained awkward; I didn't know what to say now, or how to respond to that.

Exhaling a deep breath, "Listen, I'm just trying to fix my mistakes and make things right." I say calmly. 

"Why?" Daniel asks, raising his eyebrows. "I thought you couldn't stand my daughter."

"I couldn't stand the thought of her, hurting me..." 

"I know..." I say in that same slow tone. "I was mad at her, and for the wrong reasons."

"And those reasons were...?"

I stay silent looking down.  "Well I--" 

I pause seeing his eyes travel to the office coffee table. I freeze as he slowly moves the newspaper. Underneath were papers from the hospital offering counseling with help on preventing suicide.