Chapter 133 - The who's and what

Tatiana's POV

"Five more minutes!!" someone screams in the hall as I look in the mirror finishing last minute touches to my makeup

"Hey, don't worry...you look great." Winnie giggles as she practically bounces in her chair. "Seriously--you look amazing." 

I chuckle weakly as I blot my lips with a napkin quickly as I stand back quickly scanning my outfit. I was wearing a strapless lace bustier bodysuit, with a leather fringe skirt and the usual high heel ankle boots. It didn't matter how many times I've done this, I always get nervous before a show. 

I hear a knock on the door as I yell out. "Come in!" 

The door open slowly as Clifton steps in shyly wearing an official BAD TOUR CREW jacket that Michael got for Winnie and Clifton. 

"Hey..." he grins pushing his glasses up his nose as he looks over at Winnie before looking over at me. "Hi Tati--Michael wanted me to tell you it's time to come out." he says softly as he looks at his feet shyly. 

"Okay, I'll go see him. I'll tell Frank to come and get you both so you can watch. Stay with him, okay? I don't want you two out of his site." 

Winnie rolls her eyes. "Yes mother we know...now go." she smiles as I chuckle grabbing my leather jacket before rushing out the room quickly. 

I walk down the hall pushing through the backstage madness of dancers, groupies, band mates and cameras. 

I suddenly feel a gentle but firm grip on my arm before being pulled into a room quickly, pressed against the door. I gasp only realizing it's Michael, before putting a hand over my heart. 

"God, you scared me..." I hiss as a small glint comes in his eyes as he smiles licking his bottom lip slowly as he stares at me. 

"Sorry..." he smiles as he gently pulls me close to him by me hips as he presses his lips against mine. "I've been wanting to do that all day, but I haven't had time." his smile fades as he furrows his eyebrows slightly. "I-Is Winnie okay, after what happened?" he asks his voice softening. 

"Michael--she's fine. Honest..." I rest my hands on his chest playing with the buckle on his jacket. "She's actually so hyped and excited to see you perform, she doesn't seem to have anything else on her mind." I smile as he looks down. 

"I just--I'm so sorry. I didn't know they would do that to her..." he gently lets go of me. "I know things with the crowds get chaotic--but I never would have thought they would hurt a child. Who just picks up a kid like that?" he asks as he begins to grow frustrated. "I can't stand them, Tatiana. The tabloids are so desperate to come up with a story and snap a picture they are willing to hurt a child. And for what reason? Because they are money hungry leeches." 

"Michael--things like that happen, okay? It wasn't your fault." 

"Just because it happens, it doesn't mean it should." he shakes his head slowly. "Sometimes I--" his voice trails off as he rest his hand against the back of the backup chair as he grows silent. He licks his bottom lip slowly before looking up at me. His deep brown eyes stare into mine as a soft haze of sadness coats them.