Chapter 38 - Dr. Walker

Tatiana's POV

I stand there for a moment at the trailers door. I quickly wipe away my tears. How could Michael not even listen to me, or trust me? How could he even hire Rachel? I walk to the car, and slam the door. I didn't mean to push Michael, but the way he grabbed me...was exactly like how Jack grabbed me as I tried to run away. I didn't even see Michael, I just saw Jack...

I am so deep into thought, I don't even notice Paul tapping on my windows. I roll my windows down, and his smile fades away seeing me.

"Tatiana? Are you okay?" he asks. Truthfully no. I just feel sick, and this whole thing with Michael is eating me alive.

"Here, I'll drive. You don't look to well." he says. I open the door and slide over, and don't even bother to protest. He gets in and starts the car.

"Are you alright?" he asks. I shake my head and close my eyes. I feel tears go down my face.

"I'll take you home." he whispers. We drive for a few minutes without saying a word to one another. Finally Paul sighs.

"You want to talk about it?" he asks. 

"Not right now." I say pressing my forehead against the cool car window. We drive up to my house. I finally bought a new one before Rachel and I fell out; and my parents are suppose to be moving here soon. Paul gets out the car and opens the door for me. I get out and walk to the door fiddling with my keys. We walk inside and go in the kitchen. He's been here before, so it isnt a big deal.

"Wait, how are you going to get home?" I ask. He shrugs. 

"I'll call a cab." he says. 

"If you want anything you can just grab it out of the fridge." I tell him as I sit down at the kitchen counter and lay my head against the cool counter. 

"Tatiana...are you sure your okay? I mean you look a little sick." he says. 

"I'm so hot; and my head hurts." I mumble. He frowns and reaches across the counter and presses his hand against my forehead. 

"Damn, your burning up." he mutters. He whistles for a split second; and looks around. 

"You got a thermoter?" he asks. 

"Bathroom cabinet on the left hand-side." I mumble with my eyes closed. It doesnt take him long to come back.

"Open." he says. I open my mouth as he pops it in. I put my head on the counter, and we wait until the thermoter beeps. He takes it out, and he gasps.

"Tatiana! It's 100.2!" he says. "You need to get in bed right now." 

"Right here is just fine." I say with my eyes still closed. I suddenly feel him pick me up. I am to tired to protest. He goes upstairs trying to be gentle with me and carries me in my room and puts me on the bed.

"Should I call Michael?" he asks. I shoot up, and instantly regret it because my head pounds.

"Hell no." I snap. He raises his hands defensively.

"Damn, okay. I wont call." he sucks in his cheeks.  "Okay; I'll be back. Stay here." he says. He runs out and I hear him run water. He comes back with a wet wash cloth. 

"Here." he puts it on my forehead. It feels nice and cold. "This should help take the fever down." he mumbles.

"Thank you, Paul." I mumble. He smiles. I like his smile; it makes his blue eyes sparkle. 

"If you want, I can stay with you...you know until you get better." he says. I smile. 

"Thank you. That's very sweet." I say.