Graduation

~Hey everyone, I am so sorry for not posting anything this week. I got sick and it knocked me on my ass. I had no energy to do anything at all. But now that I am on the mend I'm going to try and get back into posting chapters everyday!~

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronauts, president, or in my case a princess. When we were ten, they asked again. We answered rock star, cowboy, or in my case gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? 'Who the hell knows?'" This got a round of applause form the audience, even the Cullens joined in, enjoying her speech.

"This isn't the time to make hard-and-fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So, make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be, we won't have to guess. We'll know." Jessica got a standing ovation when she finished, some of her friends practically screaming as they cheered for her.

After that, the names were called and students walked across the stage one by one as parents clapped and cheered for them.

Maya had practically bounced across the stage when her name was called, beyond excited to finally be graduating. She was still a little bit sad that none of her family from the Volturi had been able to make it, but she had understood. Apparently, there had been an uprising somewhere in Asia two days ago and her family was still busy cleaning up the mess they left behind.

As she accepted her diploma and looked out at the audience though, she caught sight of both her mothers in the crowd. They were near the back, on their feet and clapping for her. At the sight Maya smiled wider than she had thought possible.

She practically vibrated the rest of the ceremony and the moment it was done she immediately headed out to find them.

Normally she would have gone to her father, but Bella had taken off early with Edward and she knew he wanted a few minutes alone to congratulate her.

"Darlin'" Jasper called, catching up to her. "The family is this way." He tried to steer her over towards the Cullens, but she shook her head.

"My moms are over there!" She vaguely noticed the other Cullen's heads moving to face the direction she indicated, but did not pay them any attention. She was too focused on cutting through the crowd, accidentally leaving Jasper behind as she did so. He had been so shocked to hear that they were there he honestly froze for a moment.

The moment she reached them, she threw her arms around Sulpicia as she was the closest. "You made it! I didn't think any of you would! Did anyone else come with you?"

"Breath Cara Mio" Sulpicia told her with a smile as Maya moved to hug Athenodora.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so happy you could make it."

Athenodora laughed, hugging her back. "We can tell Gattina."

"So? Is anyone else here?"

"No, we snuck out" Athenodora sent her a wink.

Maya widened her eyes at that, unbelieving. Sure she knew the rumours of her uncles locking their wives away in the castle tower because they were so controlling was false. But she had never before seen her mothers leave the castle without at least three guards each. The idea of them being out without a single guard was unheard of. If her uncle Aro and Caius found out about it they would probably be the first vampires to ever die of a heart attack.

At her look of shock, Sulpicia shook her head in disappointment. "Did you really think that we would miss your graduation?"

"Well, no. But I heard about the issue in Asia and just assumed that you would be helping there" Maya admitted.