More Trouble

A few days after the pack and Maya had confronted Laurent, Maya had found a new game of chase to play, this time with herself as the pursuer. Victoria had been spotted in the area a few times and the wolves, along with Maya, had been forced to give chase as she killed more hikers.

Maya had filled them all in on her history with the red head, which they had not been happy about. Especially when they figured that the red head was only after Maya and Bella because of the Cullens.

Speaking of which there had been a bit of a rough patch at the beginning of their friendship when she had told them of her relationship with Jasper, (reluctantly as talking about him only made the pull to go find him all the worse) but they had all backed off when she had told them she had imprinted on him.

Apparently, there was a law or something that made him untouchable now or something like that. It also hadn't hurt that she had told them what Jasper had done to James when he found her hurt. While they may never like him, they had accepted her relationship with him. Which she supposed was about as good as she could hope for.

Now unfortunately they were dealing with a different problem that was causing discontent in the pack. Typically Sam's orders would be enough to end it but Jacob was proving to be a bit of a problem. Since he was technically supposed to be alpha, it meant that Sam had less control over him. While normally this would not really be a problem as Sam never really gave orders, it was given that Jacob wanted to tell Bella about them. Which had led to a few arguments. Like the one that they were having now.

"Why can't we just tell her?! She already knows about those leeches and Maya! It's not like it would that big of a deal!" Jacob yelled.

"Because it goes against the ways of our people. It is against the law to tell an outsider about us." Sam refuted sternly. The other members and Maya stayed off to the side, unwilling to get involved and tired of the ongoing argument.

"What so leeches can spill their secrets but we can't make one exception?" Jacob scoffed.

"Actually," Maya said, cringing as both turned to look at her, "Vampires aren't allowed to tell any humans about their existence either. To do so is a death sentence for both the human and the vampire. The Cullens didn't tell her, she just saw Edward use his abilities to save her life and then began digging and refused to give up. From what I remember it was you telling her your tribal story about the old treaty with them that allowed her to figure it out."

Sam whirled to face Jacob, "you told an outsider our legends?!"

"Well, I didn't think they were real at the time" Jacob defended before marching off angrily.

"What am I going to do with him?" Sam asked tiredly.

"Hit him over the head with a stick until you knock some sense into him" Jared suggested, making them all smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later they were coming out of the woods behind Billy's house to find Jacob when they saw Bella marching up to them.

"What did you do? What did you do!? What did you do to him!?" Bella shoved Sam in the chest the moment she reached them.

"Easy" Sam warned the boys.

"He didn't want this!" Bella shouted.

"What did we do? What did he do, hm? What'd he tell you?" Paul growled as his anger rose.

"Both of you, calm down" Sam said, trying to pull Paul away and diffuse the situation.

"Nothing. He tells me nothing because he's scared of you!" Bella accused. They all burst out laughing at that.