Study Buddies

Charlie had the late shift that night, which left Maya alone in the house. She had made herself dinner and cleaned up and now was spread out across her bed attempting to study for her upcoming history test. As she read through her notes, she silently cursed her uncles. Yes, they had taught her history but nothing from the past two centuries. At least nothing that would appear in the human history books. Which meant that unlike with her other subjects where she excelled, she was struggling just to stay even with the class average.

Giving up, she let out a groan and fell back on the bed only to hear a chuckle coming from the other side of the room.

"Somethin' wrong Darlin'?"

She looked over to see Jasper climbing in through her open window.

"Yeah, history has too many dates."

He came to sit on the edge of her bed, a look of mock contemplation on his face. "Yes, that is the thing about history isn't it, it tends to happen on different days and in different years."

She threw a pillow at him with a growl as his face broke out into a bright smile. "You think you're so funny, don't you?"

"As a matter of fact I know I am. And if you admit it I might be convinced to help you pass this test."

"Cowboy, you are the funniest, most comedic person in the entire world." She deadpanned, "now help your girlfriend not fail."

"Weak, but I suppose that will do for now as we are on a schedule." He picked up her notes and began to scan them.

They worked together for an hour, Jasper quizzing her on dates and explaining the battles and reasoning behind decisions in a much easier to understand way than the teacher ever did. Eventually though, she got overwhelmed with information and was ready to call it quits. She moved so that she was pressing her front to his back as she rested her chin on his shoulder. Her hands beginning to run over his chest, feeling all the toned muscles he hid under his shirt.

"Darlin' are even listening to me?"

"Mm, nope" Her hands had travelled down to the edge of his jeans at this point, but he grabbed them before she could go any further.

He used his strength and speed to flip them so that she was on her back with him leaning over her, her notes falling to the floor. "That's very rude of you. Here I am trying to help you pass history and you're not even bothering to listen. Don't you want my help anymore?" His head came down as he talked to lightly graze his lips along her neck, making her tilt her head back to give him better access.

"You could help me in other ways" she suggested, hooking a leg around his waist.

He chuckled against her skin and began to bite and suck at it causing her to moan. She brought her other leg up to wrap around him and used that to lift her hips up to grind against him. He pulled back at that, just enough to look her in the eye.

"Are you sure Darlin'?" Jasper desperately wanted to claim her, to fully bond with his mate, but he also didn't want to rush her into anything. He wanted her to be sure that he was what she wanted.

"I'm sure. I want you to claim me. To make me yours completely." Her eyes never left his as she spoke, wanting him to see and feel just how sure she was about this.How sure she was about tying herself to him forever.

Yes, this would probably be considered moving too fast in the eyes of humans, but they weren't human. They were connected by their bond already and knew that whatever the world threw at them, no matter how long they lived, Jasper was always going to be it for Maya, just as she was it for him.