Chapter 100

Kimberly's pov_____________________

"No, no, no, no. It was supposed to be" Elijah said as we watched their bodies turn to dust and the wind picked them up into the air.

"Raph wanted me to be happy..." I whispered. "He wanted me to be happy with you, that is why he took your place" I told Elijah. "So that we can live happily ever after"

"I was planning on dying, but I'm so grateful to be alive" 

Elijah pulled me into a kiss. 

When we pulled apart he pulled something out of his jacket

When we pulled apart he pulled something out of his jacket. It was a tiny ring box. 

"Elijah?" I look at him confused. 

"I bought this seven years ago, I had this urge that I had to give it to someone special. It wasn't Antoinette. Even since my memory returnedB, I realized how much I missed you... So, Kimberly..." Elijah opened the box to show a ring. 

"Will you marry me, and be with me forever?" Elijah asked

"Yes!" I said and he put the ring on me and he picked me up and spun me around. 

This is what I wanted and now I'm finally getting it. 

"Let's go home. Everyone will be happy to see you" I said and we vamped home to find everyone still around the bonfire. They all looked sad.

"Hello" Elijah said and everyone looked at us. Shock, happy, and confused was their reaction. 

"Dad!" Nat ran to us and hugged her both. "You're alive, I'm so happy" 

"I'm happy, too" Elijah kissed her on the head. 

"Elijah?" Freya said. "I-I thought you were--"

"The plan changed last minute. Niklaus is gone" Elijah said as we pulled away from Nat.

Marcel put his hand on Hope's shoulder for comfort. 

"What happened?" Diana asked confused. 

"Raph showed up and took Elijah's place" I said.