Chapter 26

Kimberly's pov___________________

Klaus drove us for about two days and we arrived at our destination. "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan"

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked as the three of us got out of the car and followed Klaus.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

"Blacked out most of them. Lots of blood, lot of partying. The details are all a blur"

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legendary. Chicago was magical" Klaus said.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. As I said, I don't remember most of it"

"Ok, I'm lost right now" I said confused about what they knew that I didn't. 

"All in good times, love" Klaus said to me, not taking his eyes off the city few from where we stood. "Down to business, then?"

"Why am I still with you?" Stefan asked. "We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" 

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem it's her" Klaus led us to a bar and we walked inside. "Looks familiar, doesn't it?"

"Nope" I said knowing he wasn't talking to me.

"I wasn't asking you" 

"I know" I smirked.

"I can't believe this place is still here"

"You gotta be kidding me" I heard a female voice as we all turned our heads to see a woman standing before us. 

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender--"

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny" She turned to Stefan. "I remember you"

"Yeah. You're Gloria"

"Mm-hm" She turned to me. "And you I've never met. I never forget a face"

"Haven't had the pleasure. I'm Kimberly" 

"Ah. I've heard of you from Rebekah. You're Elijah's soulmate" 

"Correct" I nodded my head at her. 

"Shouldn't you be?--"

"Old and dead?" Gloria but Stefan off. "Now, If I die, who's gonna run this place, huh?"

"Gloria's a very powerful witch" Klaus said.

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, It'll catch up to me one day"

"Stefan, why don't you go find us up a little something from behind the bar?" Klaus asked him. 

"Yeah, sure thing" Stefan turned and walked to the bar.