Chapter 31

Kimberly's pov___________________

I woke up to the door slamming shut. I rushed downstairs and saw Alaric spreading out a bunch of photos.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We found these writings all over in the Lockwood cellar" Alaric said and I took a closer look at the photos. 

"Wait... That's Viking writing. Elijah used to teach it to me" I said noticing the names carved into the wall. "Rebekah. Elijah. Niklaus" 

"These images tell a story. To learn the story, you have to decipher these images" Alaric said as Elena and Damon were training.

"Ghost of Mason Lockwood said the cave would lead to a weapon that could kill Klaus" Damon said.

"Yeah, but doesn't Mikeal have a weapon?" Elena asked.

"Yes. Which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikeal, who we've found and lost" Damon said.

"What do you mean lost?" I asked confused.

"Katherine woke him up and lost him" Damon said.

Damn you, Katherine. What did you do?

"These images, at the very least, might tell us what that weapon is" Alaric said.

"Then all we have to do is find out what they mean" Elena said.

"Fine. Fine. If I'm being irritatingly optimistic like you three... how do you suppose we do that?" Damon asked.

"Well, if the story's about the original family living here then we go straight to the source" Elena said.

"Rebekah should be at school right now" I said.

"Let's go" Elena said and I drove us to school and we found Rebekah with the cheerleaders. She did some backflips and landed in front of us. 

"You. Goody" Rebekah said to Elena then looked at me and smiled. "Hey, Kimberly"

"Hi, Rebekah"

"I was hoping we could talk" Elena said.

"About what? Stefan? Don't worry, I'm off him until he starts treating me better. In fact, you should take a page out of my book, if I'm being honest" 

"Actually, I'd rather talk about this" Elena pulled out the photo with her viking name. Rebekah froze seeing it. "I'm curious why you and Klaus have spent a thousand years running from your father"

Rebekah looked like she didn't know what to say. "I should get back to the girls. Homecoming's right around the corner" Rebekah began to walk away.

"Well, then maybe I'll ask Mikael when we wake him" 

Rebekah stopped walking and turned to us. "You're bluffing. You don't know where he is. No one does" 

"So then who's rotting in that old cemetery in Charlotte?" 

Rebekah grew scared and looked at me. "After everything we've told you about Mikael, how could you let them wake him up?" 

"I didn't know, otherwise I would have stopped them" I said.

Rebekah turned back to Elena. "If you wake Mikael, we are all doomed" 

"So then tell me"

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Why don't you want me to wake him?"

"I need to get back to the girls" Rebekah walked away. 

"Let's get back to Ric. He moved everything to his apartment" Elena said and we drove to his place. An hour later we arrived at his apartment building.