Chapter 48

Kimberly's pov________________________

The next day, I called Diana because I missed a call from her yesterday.

"You're where?" Diana asked, I could tell she was confused.

"New Orleans. Let's just say, I'm not leaving anytime soon. Nik got a werewolf girl pregnant and he gave Elijah over to one of his enemies, so now I have to figure out a way to get him back" 

"Do you want us to come out there? I should probably tell you that Rapheal is with us. He and Chase made up"

"Seriously? The minute I leave he comes crawling?"

"We're in Flordia, he followed us here after you went back to Mystic Falls"

"Come here in a few days, ok?"

"Sure thing" I hung up the phone and went downstairs. 

"They attacked a helpless werewolf git who's carrying my child" Nik said.

"Oh, I'm so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duty toward the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven" Bekah said and I made my way into the room.

"Yeah, what changed your mind?" I asked.

Hayley then walked in carrying a book. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is"

"That depends on what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world, or Kimberly's plan to live happily with her soulmate without either of them loving other people" Nik asked her. 

I scoffed as I threw a book at him, Nik dodged it. Bekah threw a pencil at him, but he caught it. 

"The plan to rescue Elijah, you know-- the good brother, the one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back"

"In the front, if we're being specific"

"You three said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley asked.

"Ok. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless, secondly, I daggered Elijah to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighted my options a bit differently, thirdly, sister, please" 

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back" Bekah finished.

Hayley looked at us in worry. "That's not the whole plan, is it?"

I laugh. "Oh, please" I shook my head. "Give us some more credit"

"Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical" Bekah said.

"That's only the plan "A," love" Nik said. "There's always a plan "B"

"And what is plan "B?" Hayley asked.

"War" Nik smirked. "Kimberly, Rebekah, you're on Hayley duty" and left the house.

"I'm going out, you're on Hayley duty" Bekah said and left quickly.

"You don't have to stay with me, Elijah is your soulmate. You should help them get him back" Hayley said with a look of guilt. 

"I have full faith, Nik and Bekah will bring him back... right now, you need attention"

A few hours went by and I was helping Hayley make food, clean up, and go over some new mother things she needed to know. Nik and Bekah came back with Sophie and the four of us went into the living room and shut the door behind us.