Chapter 27

Kimberly's pov______________________

It was now the next day and we were at the mall getting Rebekah new clothes. Klaus compelled a private store and the workers to give him and Stefan champagne. 

"Ok... How about this?" I gave her a dress and she looked at it and scrunched up her nose. 

"Seriously?" She asked in disgust.

"Just try it" I lightly pushed her to the fitting room and she walked in. 

After a few minutes, we hear her. "There has to be more to this dress"

"There's not" Klaus answered.

She came out of the changing room. Not looking happy in the dress I picked.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then?" Rebekah asked.

"No, just Kim" Stefan said and I turned to him and glared at him.

"You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers" Rebekah said.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing" Klaus said.

"And what is this music? Sounds like a cable car accident" Rebekah looked confused.

"It's dance music" Stefan said.

"People dance to this?" Rebekah asked in disgust. 

"Are we done?" Klaus asked.

"Nope" I grabbed another outfit. "Try this on" I handed it to a worker and she put it in the changing room.

"Why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah teased.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids were dying. One thing: your necklace. And you lost it" 

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years" Rebekah turned to Stefan. "So, what do you think?" She did a small twirl to show off the dress.

"I like it" 

Rebekah threw her head back, looking at Stefan.

"What? I said I like it"

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan" Rebekah walked back into the dressing room. 

I hit him on the head. "Ow, what was that for?"

"I picked that out, and it looked amazing" 

"Nice one. Good work" Klaus said sarcastically.

"You pulled the dagger out of her" Stefan muttered.

"I heard that" Rebekah said from inside the changing room.

"Just ignore these two haters" I said loudly. 

"All right. I'm gonna get some fresh air" Stefan walked out as Klaus poured more from the bottle. 

"Will you save some for later?" I asked.

"Nope. I am going to need this" 

"Ok. I think I have enough for now. I must say, Kimberly. You have excellent taste in clothes" Rebekah said as she walked out.

"You should see my closest sometime" I muttered and we left the store and went back to Gloria's bar as she went through her spell. Stefan walked in a few minutes later.

"You left us" Rebekah pouted.

"Yeah, sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode"

"Tell me about it" Klaus muttered.

"What's she doing?" Stefan asked looking at Gloria.

"She's failing" Klaus raised his voice. 

"It's hard to find something without anything to go on"