Chapter 91

Kimberly's pov______________________

After a few hours of drinking, Raph brought me back to the compound. 

"I heard about Hayley, I'm so sorry" Diana was the first to hug me right as we entered. 

"Her funeral is later, I hope you'll stay for it" 

"Of course, I will" 

"God, I got to call Richelle" I sat down on the couch.

"I already did, I figured you need a break" Diana said.

"Thank you" I said and we heard yelling upstairs. I signed as I got up. "I got it" I walked upstairs to see Nik on the phone. 

"The plane will be there to pick you up in half an hour" Nik said.

"We'll be ready" Freya said on the other end of the phone. 

"Did you find a witch to help with our geographical predicament? I cannot miss the second line" Nik said.

"Vincent asked Ivy to do it" 

"Ivy hates me" 

"Well, all the witches hate you, Nik" I but into the conversation. 

"But they all like Hayley, and they know that Hope needs you today" 

"Well, astral projection is tricky magic. This better work"

"It'll work. You'll be there in the only way that you can"

"I should have never agreed to this. I should be there beside her, holding her hand" 

"I know. But the consequences of you two being together have been escalating. We can't bring that kind of danger into the city"

"This is her mother's funeral. I should let the city burn. I'm sick and tired..." Nik gasped. We watch the plant die. 

"What's wrong?" Freya asked.

"If this houseplant gasping for life is any indication, there's another Mikaelson in New Orleans" Nik said.

"That can't be right. Kol and Rebekah know to stay away and Hope and Natasha are with me" Freya said.

"Elijah" I said. "How dare he come here" 

"I'll have my hybrids look for him" Nik said and he hung up with Freya, called someone else, and ordered his hybrids to find him. An hour later they caught Elijah.  

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Marcel asked as he came into the room. 

"Hopes burying her mother here today. Elijah had to go. I did the city a favor" Nik said.

"By inflaming Great's vampires? She's already their martyr. What do you think they're gonna do when they find out you've murdered her daughter?" Marcel asked

"Let them come. I'm in the mood for a fight" Nik's phone rang. "Yes?'

"Elijah says he wants to talk to you" 

"Put him on" Nik ordered.

"What did you do?" Elijah asked.

"That's a question you should be asking yourself, isn't it?" Nik asked.

"Her family was in danger" Elijah said. I rolled my eyes, I was in no mood to hear him say that. 

"And what a hero you turned out to be" Nik said.

"This is revenge. You force me to watch her die just to show me how it feels" Elijah said.

"Actually, on a day filled with sorrow, I'm taking great pleasure in knowing how terrible she'll suffer" Nik said.