Chapter 11

Kimberly's pov________________________

I drove us to the tomb and as we enter I could hear Stefan and Katherine's voices. 

"We're here" I said.

"Here?"

"Yes" I nod, and Elijah nods before he uses his strength and opens the tomb. 

Once Katherine stepped into view she gasp in shock and froze. "Elijah?"

"Good evening, Katherina. Thank you for having the good sense to be frightened" Elijah said to her then turned to Stefan. "You're release has been requested"

Katherine and Stefan look at each other confused. 

"What?" Stefan asked. "By who?"

"The lovely Elena drives a hard bargain. However, we've reached a peaceful agreement, she and I. Please, come" Elijah gestures for him to move. 

"I can't" 

"Yes, you can. I've had the spell lifted" 

Stefan slowly walks out and that got Katherine's attention. 

She vamped speed to run but Elijah got in front of her and she couldn't move. 

"As for you, however, you shall not exit until I say so. When Klaus comes, he'll want to know exactly where you are" Elijah compelled.

"Elijah-" I tried to talk but he held up his hand. 

"Don't interrupt me, my dear" Elijah said to me then turned to Stefan. "You're free to go. Elena will explain the arrangement to you. If she keeps her word, I'll keep mine" Elijah said then looks at me. "You can go with him... for now" Elijah then walks out.

"Stefan, Kim, please don't leave me here" Katherine begged with tears in her eyes. 

"Goodbye Katherine" Stefan said as we both walk out. "Hey, what happened to you? Damon said Elijah took you and we haven't heard from you" 

"I need to tell you something" 

"What is it?"

"Elijah and I are soulmates" 

"Like destined soulmates?" Stefan asked in shock.

"Yeah, when Katherine fled and left me behind, I found out and that's when I died with Elijah's blood in my system. Klaus killed me because she ran off. That's why I hate her so much"

"Wait... how did you die?" 

"Klaus choked me to death" 

"Wow..."

"It was a long time ago, I'm over it, but if he does come here... I don't think I want to be around when that happens" 

"What are you saying?"

"Elijah found me here, who's to say Klaus won't either? I think I need to leave town"

"Please don't leave, we can protect you" 

"Oh, Stefan. I'm older and stronger than you, it's cute that you think you can beat me" I smirk at him.

"Then why are you running scared?"

"I'm not running, Rose and Trevor were somewhat smart enough to run"

"Speaking of Rose, she got bitten by a wolf names Jules tonight"

My eyes widen, she will die, it's only a matter of time.

"And Damon has fallen in love with her" 

I sign. "I guess we weren't meant for each other" I muttered to myself.