Chapter 17

Kimberly's pov_________________________

"Hello, Elena. It's nice to see you again" Isobel said.

Jenna turned to Elena, and she looked broken. "Again?" Elena walked closer to Jenna as I stayed back a bit. This was going to be very entertaining for me.

"So, you're the woman who's dating my husband" Isobel said and Jenna looks uncomfortable. "I need to speak to Elena. May I come in?"

"No, no. Don't. Don't invite her in" Elena says. 

"I need to talk to you, Elena"

"No" Elena shut the door in her face and I grin. 

Jenna was shaking her head as tears ran down her face. "You knew she was still alive? And Ric? John? Did they know?"

"I can explain everything, Jenna"

"No" Jenna storms upstairs. 

"No. Jenna. Please" Elena ran after her. "Jenna. Please. Wait" Jenna shut her door. 

"Elena" I call and she looks down at me. "Give her time" 

The next morning Alaric showed up.

"Hey, is she up yet?" He asked as Elena lets him inside. 

"She won't come out of her room" Elena says. 

"What did you two tell her?" Alaric asked Elena and me.

"I didn't say anything" I said defending myself.

"Nothing. She won't talk to me" Elena said.

"We're gonna have to fix this" 

"Yeah" Elena mutters then we all spot Jenna coming downstairs. "Hey"

"Jenna" 

"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go" 

"Look, I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now" 

"Rage and betrayal would cover it" 

"Where are you going?" Elena asked.

"I am going to stay on campus. I have to write and I don't want to be in this house" Jenna says as she gathers her stuff.

"Jenna, please, just stop. Let us explain to you what is going on" Alaric begs.

"Elena. I need you to go to the Lockwoods today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation"

"Ok, but... Jenna, please just--"

"I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you" Jenna says to both Elena and Alaric then leaves.

"Let her go" John came out from the kitchen. "It's better that she's not here with everything that's going on. Maybe if you had been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this--"

Alaric then punches John.