Chapter 18

Kimberly's pov______________________

A few hours went by when Damon came back, carrying John's body.

"What happened?" I asked.

"John is not dead" Damon said dropping his body to the ground. Damon went upstairs, not 10 mintues later I heard banging.

I rush upstairs and Damon was in his bathroom, throwing things.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused.

"Katherine took the moonstone, and Elena. Le't go" Damon and I rushed to his car and Stefan pulls up, getting into the car with us. 

Damon drove to the house Isobel was staying. Once we arrive we quickly got out and heard toward the house.

"Think this is the house?" Stefan asked.

"It better be. It's nice foreclosure in town"

"I swear to god, if she's not here--"

"Please, don't be a pessimist"

We enter the house and it looked like no one was home.

"I got upstairs" Stefan walks up the stairs. 

I looked around the kitchen, but Elena wasn't here.

"This is Isobel's stuff" 

"Where are they?" Stefan asked.

"I don't know" Damon said.

"Some bodygaurds you two make" I said to them.

We left without another word. 

A few more hours went by and Elena came back. She told us that Isobel and Katherine planed to take her but Isobel betrayed Katherine. 

She also said that Isobel took off her daylight necklace and killed herself.

I sat down next to Elena who was holding Isobel's necklace. 

"I never thought I would feel bad about her being dead, and yet..."

"She was your mother" 

"Why did they let me go?" 

"Well, anything John told Isobel, we have to assume Klaus knows, right?" I asked changing the subject. 

"He knows I'm not going to run" 

"Which is why we need to take extra precautions" Damon and Stefan walk in. "Because we got played. All of us" Damon puts down a peice of paper in Elena's lap.

"What's this?" 

"The deed to our house. In Zach's name. As soon as you sign it, it will be a new name" Stefan said.

"You're giving me your house?" Elena asked then in shock.

"Isobel had the right idea with the safe house, just stay here till it's over. That way you can control who gets invited and who doesn't" 

"Although I'll be supper-pissed if you lock me out" Damon said.

John then stood up gasping for air. Damon ran over to him and lifts him in the air. 

"I swear, I had no idea what she was gonna do. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry" 

"Damon, let him go" Elena said. "He and I need to talk" 

That night everything was quiet, but the next morning, Elena was signing the papers so us vampires had to wait outside. 

"You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon asked.