Chapter 38

Kimberly's pov______________________

The next day, I sat on the couch scrolling through social media as Klaus was drawing. 

"Well, well, well. There's our girl" Kol said as Rebekah walked into the room, wearing her dress from last night. Kol stood in front of her. She tried to pass him, but he moved to block her.

"Get out of my way, Kol" Rebekah glared at him.

"Out all night. What a scandal. I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?" 

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth" Rebekah glared at him again. 

Klaus smiled and I chuckled. 

"Don't start you two" Rebekah pushed past Kol.

"I didn't say anything" Klaus said.

"Neither did I" I said defending myself.

"I'm bored. Ah" Kol sat on the couch. "Our sister is a strumpet. But at least she's having fun. I need entertainment" 

"What are you waiting for? Have at it" Klaus said.

"It's no fun to go alone. Join me, Nik. It's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart"

"Ok. Why not? I didn't have enough to drink last night with you trying to murder Rebekah's date" Klaus stood up and he and Kol began to leave.

"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around in it" Rebekah said.

Kol turned around and walked backward. "Just like you, Bekah" 

"Good riddance, both of you" Rebekah threw her shoes at Kol, but he quickly left the room. 

"Rebekah" Elijah walked in. 

"Not you too, Elijah" Rebekah groaned. 

"I'm worried about Mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?"

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?" 

"Burned sage. She was doing a privacy spell"

"You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn, he's been doting on her"

"I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are, he always has" 

"That can't be true" I said.

"Mother has returned for one reason: to make her family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?" Rebekah asked then walked out of the room. 

"Did you notice Elena's mood, she also averted her eyes. Katherine used to do the same thing when she lies" I said.

"Let's go ask her" Elijah said and we went to her house. Elijah knocked on the door and a few moments later, Elena opened the door. 

"Elena" Elijah said.

"Elijah. Kim" 

"We don't mean to intrude. I was hoping you might accompany us. We want to show you something" Elijah said.

"Ok, sure" Elena said and she got into the car and Elijah drove us into the woods. We got out of the car. 

"I forgot how much I missed this land" Elijah said looking around.

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago" Elena said as we walked.

"You know your school was built over an Indian village?" Elijah said to her. "Where I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives would gather to worship. As a matter of fact, near that there was a field... where wild horses used to graze" Elijah said.